93 octane tune

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

johnny3847

93 octane tune

Post by johnny3847 »

Hello,
New to this tuning game. I just got my trinity t2 ex platinum and ran a a few tunes. Ran the Diablo tune and my car ran really bad!!! (was not expecting that!!!). took that tune out and ran the 91 octane tune and the car runs better but seems to be running really rich. As of right now I put it back to factory and it seems like it was before I bought the trinity. Is there a 93 octane tune for GM vehicles??? I only have the option for Diablo, 91 and custom tune.
I have a 09 G8 GT with some mods (Vararam and Kooks headers and Borla cat backs.) I have only ran 93 octane in this car since I bought it last September.
Thanks for letting me join the forum and I am sure I will have many more questions as I try to figure this tuner out
06MonteSS

Re: 93 octane tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

Well... #1 - the preset canned tunes do not change any airflow/fueling changes... so the preset canned tunes should not have, and would not have, made it run like crap...

#2 - for the mods you have, you need to get custom tuning done... because you can not adjust everything that needs to be done for your mods for that car..

#3 - Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, all of the mods done to it, what octane gas you use, which diablo tool model/version you have, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
johnny3847

Re: 93 octane tune

Post by johnny3847 »

Will do that today, thank you Lew