Predator u7194 bricked PCM

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

yoyimc9

Predator u7194 bricked PCM

Post by yoyimc9 »

hi i brought an used Predator u7194 with 9r26 it was merried to a silverado truck i could tell by checking the last tune vin#.
Every time i tried to used the tool it told me "The last tune did not finish...restore...yes.. no" i allways hit "ESC" and use it to read codes.

But a day before i called diablo customer service to have the tool unlocked, i accidentally hit "yes" and it began to restore "the original backup" and after a while this message come up ""Unable to restore original tune, please take note of the following error: unknow error ()."

Now the pcm wont connect to any tool by OBDII port, i tried removing the battery for several days and nothing.

my car is a 2012 camaro 2ss l99

when you turn the ignition on it says "service stability track system" and wont crank.

i already unlocked the tool and update it to 9r31.
06MonteSS

Re: Predator u7194 bricked PCM

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah, you messed up by trying to restore a stock tune from another vehicle that was not for yours...

get the car to a dealer and have the ECM/TCM flashed back to latest factory stock GM programming...

and then trade in that ollllld dead predator to diablosport to get a $100-$150 discount on buying the new inTune i3 8245 Platinum or the Trinity T2 EX 9245 Platinum from them to tune your car...

that way the transmission can also be tuned (you can't tune the tranny with that olllld dead discontinued predator), plus you will be able to get custom tuning done for it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
yoyimc9

Post by yoyimc9 »

06MonteSS wrote:yeah, you messed up by trying to restore a stock tune from another vehicle that was not for yours...

get the car to a dealer and have the ECM/TCM flashed back to latest factory stock GM programming...

and then trade in that ollllld dead predator to diablosport to get a $100-$150 discount on buying the new inTune i3 8245 Platinum or the Trinity T2 EX 9245 Platinum from them to tune your car...

that way the transmission can also be tuned (you can't tune the tranny with that olllld dead discontinued predator), plus you will be able to get custom tuning done for it...
Yeah i was afraid that would be the answer, well i will report back in a couple of days. thanks Monte for you fast reply.

Can you point me in the right direction regarding the trade in process? thanks
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

You can contact Mike Litsch directly - he's the tech support manager at DiabloSport at mlitsch@powerteq.com - or you can call their tech support line at 1-561-908-0040... Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm (Eastern Time).
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

give us a call, anyone here can get you upgraded to a new device, 561-908-0040 x4

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com