Unable to restore to original

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

flameout

Unable to restore to original

Post by flameout »

I bought my DiabloSport in 2013, used it on my 2004 Silverado, and haven't used it since, until now. I'm selling the Silverado and I'm trying to restore back to original, but the Diablosport never gets past 0% when trying. It's been stuck on zero for well over an hour. Just says WRITING TUNE - ORIGINAL BACKUP with the spinning dial and bar graph at 0%.. I've followed the instructions, key is on (engine is not), but nothing. if I exit out of all of that (by disconnecting from port) and restart and try to go into settings, I'm told ONLY TUNE VEHICLE ALLOWED. Is there anything I can do, or do I have a $300 paper weight?
06MonteSS

Re: Unable to restore to original

Post by 06MonteSS »

Anything aftermarket installed in the truck? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
flameout

Post by flameout »

Ok, I'll give it another shot. Thanks for the tips. I added an electric brake for a trailer, but I pulled the fuse. I'll try pulling fuse for radio too.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

usually need to disconnect the aftermarket wiring harness itself too, not just the fuse..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
flameout

Post by flameout »

Still no go. Even though it's the same radio I had when I installed the tune, it's still an aftermarket radio, so I actually disconnected the plug from the back. When i pulled the 15 amp fuse that said RADIO, the radio was off, but other things started acting weird, like the DIC said to Service Brakes, my ABS light was on, and check engine light was on. I also completely removed the harness for the brake controller.

I do have a bad oil pressure sender, which causes the needle on the oil pressure gauge to jump from 80 down to zero. Could that be causing the problems I'm having?
Bad20051

Post by Bad20051 »

I have a 2013 Silverado with an aftermarket stereo and subs installed will this affect my truck using the diablo tuner????
MagsTuning

Post by MagsTuning »

Bad20051 wrote:I have a 2013 Silverado with an aftermarket stereo and subs installed will this affect my truck using the diablo tuner????
Usually the answer is no, most that end up having trouble writing to the vehicle simply need to pull the radio fuse and info/DIC fuse. Once those are pulled there usually isn't a problem writing to the vehicle nor a problem after it's written to the vehicle and the fuses are reinstalled.