engine running to lean 93 oct tune on 06 stang gt

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

bad1

engine running to lean 93 oct tune on 06 stang gt

Post by bad1 »

hey again ok now i have ajusted everything tb bbk twin 62mmm cai bbk and preds performances tune 93 octane and running 94 octane gas everything is well in place the engine is running fine and responsive but still i have got those 2 freaking code p0174 and p0171 engine too lean on bank 1 and bank 2 diablo 7140 i dont have any vacuum leak by the way could somebody who had the same or similar problem give me any tips thanks bad1
mikel

RE: engine running to lean 93 oct tune on 06 stang gt

Post by mikel »

The TB is likely the issue, and will require custom tuning to fix, or, better yet, put the stock TB back on and save yourself a few hundred dollars worth of custom tuning. That TB cant be adding much more than 5-10 rwhp on an otherwise stock car anyhow.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
bad1

cmr dealer

Post by bad1 »

thanks for the advice thats what ill do if nothings else works but by the way i talk to a cmr dealer near my place and he told me that he was able to fix it im waiting for a new tune thx anyway
bad1

RE: cmr dealer

Post by bad1 »

ok first i discovered a few things on the predators that i can change the fuel ratio more rich or more lean but to use that its recommended that i have a air fuel meter to know the right ration for my cars stang gt 06 and now the cmr dealer is charging me 150 can $$4 to tune my car i just bought the dam thing for about 500$ AND NOW TO TUNE A STANG GT IVE GOT TO SPEND ANOTHER 150 whats the catch here thats not customer service thats robery guys im sorry but this is to much i tought that diablo was able to send me a tune or give info to how to try to tune the car instaed i received an email sugesting that i take off the tb that is brand new bbk qualite make and put back the original one i spent 350$$ on that tb you guys are the pros here i know everybody is owrking to make money but the line is fine between abusing customer and helping customer didnt receive any invite from you to send my calbration or id or tune and also charging 150 per tune dont you think is a bit too much ??? jees can i returned my tuner for refund if i can just tell me???
mikel

Post by mikel »

You must understand that on a car such as your late model mustang, pretty much every change you make to the car will require tuning to make it right.
Can you add some fuel at WOT to compensate for the TB, sure, but is it going to be right, NO.

The tunes in the Predator are designed around a stock to lightly modified GT. It even has support for multiple CAIs, so you can bolt one on and go.

I will say that if you do some homework on the TB, you'll find that it is in NO way a true bolt on, as I know most people have problems with them and wind up either needing a new tune or they go back to stock. Not to mention that on a stock GT the TB is not really worth anything in the HP department, which makes it tough to swallow paying a few hundred $$ to pick up 5-10 rwhp in a custom tune, just so you can make your $400 TB work right....see why I suggested you put the stock unit back on?

Nobody is trying to rip you off, just trying to help.

Best bet would have been to research all of this before you started bolting stuff to the car.

Thanks
Mike
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
bad1

Post by bad1 »

you were right put the stock stuff back on and voila no check engine and also put the 93 tune on and wow didnt even notice that much of a difference but also wanted to ask is there on my predator a tune for bbk cai it seems that i didnt see any should i buy another kind of cai like jlt jlt has a tune on the predator can you give me an answer on that thanks mikel
redneckmafia

Re: RE: cmr dealer

Post by redneckmafia »

bad1 wrote:you were right put the stock stuff back on and voila no check engine and also put the 93 tune on and wow didnt even notice that much of a difference but also wanted to ask is there on my predator a tune for bbk cai it seems that i didnt see any should i buy another kind of cai like jlt jlt has a tune on the predator can you give me an answer on that thanks mikel
They don't have a tune for the BBK CAI,I have a BBK CAI on my 2006 V6 stang along with a Steeda TB spacer and Pypes Axle back and used the Airraid CAI firm shift and it made a hell of a difference in performance and have driven over a 1000 miles with the tune and no issues.You might want to try it...
Codypch

2009 Challenger running Lean

Post by Codypch »

Hey I have a 2009 Challenger. Recently put high flow Cats on and now it says running lean. How do I counter this with the Trinity tuner?? I have the diablo tune installed and fuel turned up 6% and the light will go off for a few but then come right back on.. thanks if you have any advice.
mikel

Re: 2009 Challenger running Lean

Post by mikel »

Codypch wrote:Hey I have a 2009 Challenger. Recently put high flow Cats on and now it says running lean. How do I counter this with the Trinity tuner?? I have the diablo tune installed and fuel turned up 6% and the light will go off for a few but then come right back on.. thanks if you have any advice.
removing the cats should not cause lean issues.
Most likely an issue with the O2 sensors or an exhaust leak.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Codypch

Re: engine running to lean 93 oct tune on 06 stang gt

Post by Codypch »

I changed driver side O2 sensors before I changed the cats. Maybe when they got welded on the shop guy missed some spots? Which would make it run lean?
mikel

Re: engine running to lean 93 oct tune on 06 stang gt

Post by mikel »

yup.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com