NOOB needs help

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

dsmdoctor

NOOB needs help

Post by dsmdoctor »

ok, so im helping a friend with a with his 04 cobra. it has a bunch of mods (the normal stuff) but there is an idle issue with the car. it starts fine (cranks for a minute then fires right up), idles normal for a first start up, but once it gets to its normal operating temp, the car has trouble idling smooth. the 02 sensors are now throwing a pegged rich code (both banks) so im guessing theres an issue when it changes open to closed loop. is this something I can change with a diablosport handheld? I believe its the Intune I2 from what I can find online. it looks like the I3 but older style im guessing. I don't know my way with or have experience with the diablo stuff since when I had stangs I always used SCT, but if I can avoid a trip/expense of a tuners touch, id like to make the small changes. WOT is fine, just this idle issue. thanks in advance and im sorry for the noob question.
mikel

Re: NOOB needs help

Post by mikel »

it depends what the 'bunch of mods' are....if it runs that poorly now it likely need a custom tune to be dialed in assuming all the O2s and other sensors are functioning properly.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
dsmdoctor

Post by dsmdoctor »

it has the typical mods. 80lb injectors, pumps, fpdm, pullied, stock maf with a mafia attached. its been tuned already in the past but needs some improvements. just cant find anyone in town that uses this diablo stuff.
dsmdoctor

Post by dsmdoctor »

are you interested in writing a tune for it?
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK, definitely need some custom tuning.
We dont provide tuning directly.
Check with tpctuning.com for a good email tune option.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com