2015 ram 1500 issues

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

scottlee

2015 ram 1500 issues

Post by scottlee »

Hello I am new to the forum and just got the t2 for my 5.7 15 ram with the pcm swap. I am experiencing high idle at start up around 2000 to 2300 rpm when it’s below 45ish F. I’m just wondering if that has been a know problem or not, I didn’t do anything to relearn my throttle body or anything as it never had any problems after the pcm install. Any input would be appreciated, thank you. I am also experiencing hard starts and sometimes when I remote start it in the morning it just instantly dies, I just put the truck back to stock to see if it keeps doing it but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.
Last edited by scottlee on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikel

Re: 15 ram high idle

Post by mikel »

any codes present?
Not something I have ever seen reported before honestly.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
scottlee

Post by scottlee »

no codes, ever since I put another pcm in it since my core was rejected it hasn't done the high idle but it still is starting hard. It did it this morning while it was in the 60s so it may just be when it sits for an extended period of time. Is there a way the tuner can log the start up data and I can see it on my computer and compare it with when it starts fine?
mikel

Post by mikel »

yes, you can start a log while the key is in run/engine off and record the start up.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
scottlee

Post by scottlee »

UPDATE: with the nice weather it hasn't been doing the high idle but it does still start hard randomly, I'm getting concerned with cold weather coming soon that my dying problem will become a bigger problem. I have had the fuel pump replaced, plugs and coils, and alternator and battery (mostly because the pulley on the alternator was loud). I never had this problem until after the pcm and tune install. I do have videos of hard starts and a video of it dying if needed.