Some AFM questions

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

NicFit

Some AFM questions

Post by NicFit »

I just got a Trinity 2 for my 2018 Suburban with a 5.3l. I’m on the fence on what to do about the AFM. I’ve heard that some people turn it off and get better mileage, and there is the marathon module which claims better gas mileage too. Which one will get me the better gas mileage for the long drives, on and stock, off or the marathon module. And I would like the Trinity 2 to be able to program for the same as the marathon module without having to buy it but I think I’m going to post that under suggestions
mikel

Re: Some AFM questions

Post by mikel »

the only right answer is to test and see whats best for you.
What works great for one guy may not for you, and its based on driving style, where you drive, lots of things.
Do you have the MPG booster tune option on your list?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
NicFit

Post by NicFit »

I have an MPG booster tune on my list but it’s not for octane gas I want to use, I was going to use the diablo tune on a drive I do and compare the mpg between AFM normal and AFM off and see which one gets better MPG. I wish the marathon AFM was an option so I don’t have to spend $200 on the module to test it out
mikel

Post by mikel »

you can run any octane with the MPG tune...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com