Pretty upset right now with my Trinity....

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

nexxusty

Pretty upset right now with my Trinity....

Post by nexxusty »

Long story short, I just tried to read, simply READ trouble codes from a 2014 Ford Escape and it failed.

Why? This device cost me $600 and this is the second time it has failed me reading codes. The first time the device completely fried plugging it into an Nissan Altima.

What is wrong with this thing? Why can't I read codes from that car? The person now has just driven to work, not knowing what the problem is and I should have been able to tell them with my $600 tuner, but apparently not as this can't even read simple OBD Codes without frying or giving an error.

I have the GM file in there right now. I thought this might be the issue, not having the Ford file on there. However, that would be the DUMBEST design I've ever seen on literally anything, considering you don't need to do anything of the sort to use a regular OBD scanner. You hook it up, scan and get your codes, something again, this $600 device CANNOT seem to do. If I actually have to flash the correct file for the brand of car I am trying to simply read OBD Codes from, that's ridiculous.

It has completely failed me twice now, clearly I am upset for a good reason.

Please tell me I missed something here.
mikel

Re: Pretty upset right now with my Trinity....

Post by mikel »

If its on a GM application and you want to communicate with a Ford, you need to go to the Options menu and select change vehicle type. Select a similar year Ford vehicle and let it reboot to the correct application and try again.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
nexxusty

Post by nexxusty »

I appreciate the response man.

However, what you told me to do, doesn't work. Of course my vehicle isn't in there, even though it's one of the most common Ford vehicles. I selected the closest one, 1.6L EcoBoost and nothing. I now have to go spend $130 dollars on a scanner to get this code because my Trinity failed me completely.

This should NOT be happening. Period. I selected Ford, that should be enough. But it's not, my vehicle isn't there, and it doesn't work. I selected a vehicle too, my post is, that shouldn't need to be done. The device should detect what I have when in OBD2 Mode.

I dont regret my purchase at all..... :shock: :|
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

A Ford Escape is not even listed as a supported vehicle man... so no, it will not work on that vehicle for reading trouble codes or anything else... it's not supported..

if a vehicle is not on the "supported vehicles list", then it will not work on it... period...

Ford Escape, and especially a Nissan, are not supported vehicles man... so no, it will not work on them for anything...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
nexxusty

Post by nexxusty »

Great..... What a piece of garbage.

Never buying from your company again.
mikel

Post by mikel »

This is not advertised as a universal OBDII device, sorry its not going to work for you you had hoped.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

wow, 10 months later... hahahaha
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net