Tuning on top of custom tune?

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Docholiday17

Tuning on top of custom tune?

Post by Docholiday17 »

Hi, so I'm planning on throwing a cam in my Challenger this coming year, with a custom tune installed on the Trinity for it.

So I'm assuming it's going to have a pretty lopey idle.

My question is, can I adjust the custom tune and raise the idle speed a bit to smooth out the cam at idle? If I can, am I then able to save that as a separate tune so I can switch between the slightly higher idle tune and the "original" one quickly?
mikel

Re: Tuning on top of custom tune?

Post by mikel »

No, you will absolutely need a new custom tune for any cam swap.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Docholiday17

Post by Docholiday17 »

No, I know that, but I mean after I get my custom tune, can I just up the idle a bit, on top of that custom tune? And then can I save that increased idle tune as a separate one?
doc440

Post by doc440 »

Docholiday17 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:31 am No, I know that, but I mean after I get my custom tune, can I just up the idle a bit, on top of that custom tune? And then can I save that increased idle tune as a separate one?
Yes, I have modified versions of custom tunes loaded as new custom tunes. When you modify the custom tune by raising the idle or messing with throttle boost, those changes will be saved in the “Last Tune Written” file you’ll see when connected to a computer. Right click on the last tune written and copy it, paste onto the desktop, then right click the copied file and re-name it. Then drag and drop the re-named file back into root directory of the device like you would any custom tune. It should then show up as a custom tune in the custom tunes menu.