I am having a problem with getting a 1998 Mustang Cobra to pass emissions. It does not have the secondary air injection, smog pump, rear o2 sensors, or egr hooked up to it. Do I set the values for these things to 0 or 1, if not, what can I do to get this car to pass. I have the all of these things turned off right now and when the car went to the emissions center, they said that the system is not ready and the car failed. Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris
'98 Mustang Cobra can't pass emissions
Moderator: mikel
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE:
Is this an OBDII test?
The EGR needs to be set at '2' and the others at '0' to pass.
You will also need to put quite a few miles on it to clear stored codes in the memory.
It may take up to 200 miles of driving to get it all clear.
Thanks
The EGR needs to be set at '2' and the others at '0' to pass.
You will also need to put quite a few miles on it to clear stored codes in the memory.
It may take up to 200 miles of driving to get it all clear.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
VENOMOUS98
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:26 pm
I set the other functions to '0' and the egr was already at '2' for the one function of it. Do you mean the other part of the egr needs to be set at '2' as well? Also, the car is idling ok most of the time, except when you come to a stop it wants to die, is this normal when turning the emissions stuff back on? I have put 90 miles on the car so far.
Thanks again,
Chris
Thanks again,
Chris