2021 RAM TRX shift point tuning

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

turbojamie

2021 RAM TRX shift point tuning

Post by turbojamie »

Hello, I am looking to buy a tuner for my 2021 Ram TRX mainly to adjust the shift points in the various different performance levels. I personally find the OEM programming of the kick down on the highway ridiculous. This thing makes 700 hp and at the slightest incline its dropping 1 -2 gears to maintain speed. Stupid. If you manually lock it into 8th it will lug nicely and pull like a DIESEL which is MINT.

So does the diablo tuner offer the ability to adjust the kick down in how it shifts? I-E can I edit the shift point tables to change when it kicks down on the highway?
mikel

Re: 2021 RAM TRX shift point tuning

Post by mikel »

No...you'd want to look into a custom tcm tune from one of our CMR tuners for changes like that. Those types of changes get to be complictaed and cant be easily handled in the device itself.
That said, just loading one of our preloaded pcm and tcm tunes may well help with what you are experiencing.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
turbojamie

Post by turbojamie »

Thanks Mike,

So you guys don't offer software for individuals to tune like EFI live for example?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

No they do not... You'd have to contact an Authorized Diablosport Dealer/CMR Tuner to get a custom tune.... There is no end-user/customer tuning software available...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net