i2 - E85 Tune - 2011 Camaro 2SS BVA

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Taco-Giz

i2 - E85 Tune - 2011 Camaro 2SS BVA

Post by Taco-Giz »

Hello (old member here, I just can't remember my password and don't have access to my old email linked to my account on this forum anymore).

I have a nice tune that Mikel did to me a while back for my 11' SS. So far so good, I've never changed it since I flashed it. The Only thing that was done to the car was removing the cats and replaced them with BBK (about to put back the OEM cats though cause EU aren't fan of loud cars :normal: )

As I explained on the Ford thread, my situation has recently changed and I'm moving to the EU ( with plenty of E85 at every corner and much cheaper than regular/premium gas ).

Could it be possible to get an E85 tune on my i2 without changing/adding anything on to the car ?

(Also, I'll post on the other sub-forum but I have an 16' Stang that runs great with the 93 tune for years. I was wondering if I could do the same and pass it on E85 ?)

Thanks!
06MonteSS

Re: i2 - E85 Tune - 2011 Camaro 2SS BVA

Post by 06MonteSS »

No... there are no e85/flex fuel settings available at all in the tune file for that car, since it is not a factory flex-fuel vehicle...

Also since it is not a factory flex fuel vehicle, you'd need to add a flex fuel sensor, bigger injectors, and bigger, higher-flowing fuel pump... because e85 requires more fuel, it requires larger fuel injectors and a higher flowing pump to use E85. Because more fuel is being used to achieve the same effect as normal gasoline... E85 does not atomize and ignite as easily as normal gas, so it requires about 30% more fuel/fuel flow than regular gas to achieve the same power.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

06MonteSS wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:21 am No... there are no e85/flex fuel settings available at all in the tune file for that car, since it is not a factory flex-fuel vehicle...

Also since it is not a factory flex fuel vehicle, you'd need to add a flex fuel sensor, bigger injectors, and bigger, higher-flowing fuel pump... because e85 requires more fuel, it requires larger fuel injectors and a higher flowing pump to use E85. Because more fuel is being used to achieve the same effect as normal gasoline... E85 does not atomize and ignite as easily as normal gas, so it requires about 30% more fuel/fuel flow than regular gas to achieve the same power.
Hes not asking about flex :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

Taco-Giz wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:30 am Hello (old member here, I just can't remember my password and don't have access to my old email linked to my account on this forum anymore).

I have a nice tune that Mikel did to me a while back for my 11' SS. So far so good, I've never changed it since I flashed it. The Only thing that was done to the car was removing the cats and replaced them with BBK (about to put back the OEM cats though cause EU aren't fan of loud cars :normal: )

As I explained on the Ford thread, my situation has recently changed and I'm moving to the EU ( with plenty of E85 at every corner and much cheaper than regular/premium gas ).

Could it be possible to get an E85 tune on my i2 without changing/adding anything on to the car ?

(Also, I'll post on the other sub-forum but I have an 16' Stang that runs great with the 93 tune for years. I was wondering if I could do the same and pass it on E85 ?)

Thanks!
I dont know if the factory fuel system has enough volume to support E at stock LS3 power levels, but if so, you could certainly have a tune made to work with e85. I'm not 100% sure if the injectors have enough headroom either.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

mikel wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:07 pm
06MonteSS wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:21 am No... there are no e85/flex fuel settings available at all in the tune file for that car, since it is not a factory flex-fuel vehicle...

Hes not asking about flex :)
well, either way... would need bigger injectors, bigger higher-flowing fuel pump... and once it's tuned for e85, he would have to use e85 all the time, or would have to have a separate tune for normal 95/95 octane, since the ECM has no flex-fuel capability... ;)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Taco-Giz

Post by Taco-Giz »

Yes, I'll be using E85 every time without going back to regular/premium gas. They have E85 almost on every gas station and it's much cheaper than regular gas.

E85 goes around: 0.40-0.70 cts / Liter
98 gas (equivalent to 93 US gas): 1.60-1.80 / Liter

Right now the car has a 93 tune and I feel that it runs better when I use 98 EU gas than when I used 93 US gas. Not sure if it's placebo effect or not tho lol :mrgreen:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Yeah, good luck with that....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune