How to view Data Log?

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
RacingRedGT

How to view Data Log?

Post by RacingRedGT »

What program do I use to read the Log file I just created of the first run with the new tune?

I have a 2012 GT Mustang Manual Trans. I just installed the 91 octane tune and I wanna check the data log to see how the levels are.

I did download a viewer from the download section, doesnt want to work with the unit. Its made for the predator and trinity, hoping it would work for the Intune.

Thanks for any help.
rdss

RE: How to view Data Log?

Post by rdss »

The Data Viewer for the Pred and Trinity is the one for the inTune as well. While I was logging for my DiabLew tune I used it all the time with no problems. If you downloaded and installed the DV from here http://diablosport.com/index.php?module ... ay&pid=145 than I really can't help you much any more and you will have to wait for MikeL on Monday.
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
K&N Aircharger
Blastin' Bob Muffler-back with Magnaflow
Diablo Sport inTune, Diablew tuned
RacingRedGT

Post by RacingRedGT »

Its saying invalid format. I just used the default settings. Should I of changed any settings? It appears to be a text file.
RacingRedGT

Post by RacingRedGT »

Well looks like the log file I saved is corrupted somehow. I was messing around before I turned the car on and saved a 15 second log file and it works just fine with the viewer. It saved completely and the unit rebooted. Wonder why this file was bad. What time lengths should I be gathering data for? Sorry for all the questions. Wanna get it right the first time. So far the car is running great and initial install was smooth as butter.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Length isn't as important as quality. Make sure you hit all rpm points and all throttle positions. You can do it in a minute, or you can do 15 minutes. Longer will take longer to download and go through, so its usually recommended to keep it around 5-7 minutes.
rdss

Post by rdss »

Lew (06MonteSS/DiabLew) usually only want about 5 minutes of data to tune for cruise and a warmed motor (but not beaten on) for a WOT run logs. He likes 1,800-2,000 rpm for cruise in your top gear to get a stable LTFT reading. But he touches a lot more than that with custom tuning on the CMR software. Once your cruise is done he moves on to WOT tuning. He does GM NA motor and there is a DSLogredux softeware for GM's as well but unfortunately he doesn't tune Ford and the redux software for self tuning wont work for for either.
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
K&N Aircharger
Blastin' Bob Muffler-back with Magnaflow
Diablo Sport inTune, Diablew tuned
Eturner

Re: How to view Data Log?

Post by Eturner »

Can anyone here tell me the steps needed to do a data log?
mikel

Re: How to view Data Log?

Post by mikel »

are you using an i1000?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com