Intune i-1000 new vehicle fee

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Moparornocar612

Intune i-1000 new vehicle fee

Post by Moparornocar612 »

So I called Holley and went to their diablosport department. Asked them how much to wipe the vehicle from my i-1000. They said $149.
So let me get this straight. Diablosport is charging $149 to delete a vehicle (reset it to new basically) on a tuner that they don't make anymore. Not only that, but I can buy a used i-1000 off ebay for $120. Hmm. What's wrong with this picture?
I've heard nothing but good things about diablosport. Their products are great, customer support is great. What am I missing here. I mean the product is discontinued. Shouldn't they be giving the codes out, or at least change the price to reflect how old it is?
06MonteSS

Re: Intune i-1000 new vehicle fee

Post by 06MonteSS »

so you go buy a used one for $120, and when you get it, you find out it's still locked to the other persons vehicle because they didn't restore the original backup stock tune to their vehicle in order to unlock/reset it (common with ebay sales, seen it happen several hundreds of times over the years), and then you end up having to pay the $149 to get it unlocked/reset anyway... So then you'd be out 269 bucks, instead of just the 149...

The 149 charge to unlock it is because who knows if you really got rid of your other vehicle, or totaled it, or whatever... For all anyone knows, you could still have that vehicle you used it on to tune it, and now you want to use the inTune on another vehicle to tune it... so, there is a charge to unlock/reset those old inTunes, because again, who knows... If you had a newer inTune i2 or inTune i3, and you "forgot" to unlock/reset it, then you could just buy another additional license for it - for 149... So, same thing either way...

If you had restored the original backup stock tune to your vehicle, then that would have unlocked/reset the inTune, and it wouldn't cost you anything, and you'd be good to go... But if you didn't do that, then yes, it will cost you 149 to unlock/reset it now - essentially you're buying a new "license" for it, by unlocking/resetting it... the difference being that you will not be able to use it again on your previously tuned vehicle.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

Moparornocar612 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:33 pm So I called Holley and went to their diablosport department. Asked them how much to wipe the vehicle from my i-1000. They said $149.
So let me get this straight. Diablosport is charging $149 to delete a vehicle (reset it to new basically) on a tuner that they don't make anymore. Not only that, but I can buy a used i-1000 off ebay for $120. Hmm. What's wrong with this picture?
I've heard nothing but good things about diablosport. Their products are great, customer support is great. What am I missing here. I mean the product is discontinued. Shouldn't they be giving the codes out, or at least change the price to reflect how old it is?
If we just reset them for free....why would anyone buy new devices?

We'd have gone out of business years ago, and wouldn't be here to reset them at all :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Moparornocar612

06MonteSS wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:54 pm so you go buy a used one for $120, and when you get it, you find out it's still locked to the other persons vehicle because they didn't restore the original backup stock tune to their vehicle in order to unlock/reset it (common with ebay sales, seen it happen several hundreds of times over the years), and then you end up having to pay the $149 to get it unlocked/reset anyway... So then you'd be out 269 bucks, instead of just the 149...

The 149 charge to unlock it is because who knows if you really got rid of your other vehicle, or totaled it, or whatever... For all anyone knows, you could still have that vehicle you used it on to tune it, and now you want to use the inTune on another vehicle to tune it... so, there is a charge to unlock/reset those old inTunes, because again, who knows... If you had a newer inTune i2 or inTune i3, and you "forgot" to unlock/reset it, then you could just buy another additional license for it - for 149... So, same thing either way...

If you had restored the original backup stock tune to your vehicle, then that would have unlocked/reset the inTune, and it wouldn't cost you anything, and you'd be good to go... But if you didn't do that, then yes, it will cost you 149 to unlock/reset it now - essentially you're buying a new "license" for it, by unlocking/resetting it... the difference being that you will not be able to use it again on your previously tuned vehicle.
If I bought the tuner off ebay an it was locked to a vehicle. I would contact ebay an either return the device for my money back, or ebay would give me my money back. That's ebays motto. Buyers protection. Anyone who bought a locked tuner an didn't return it is there own problem.
Beside the point. The eBay ad says specifically its been released from the vehicle an ready for a new one. So your point is mute.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

because nobody has ever lied in an ebay ad... :roll:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Moparornocar612

mikel wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:41 pm
Moparornocar612 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:33 pm So I called Holley and went to their diablosport department. Asked them how much to wipe the vehicle from my i-1000. They said $149.
If we just reset them for free....why would anyone buy new devices?

We'd have gone out of business years ago, and wouldn't be here to reset them at all :)
If your going to go with that logic. Then why do you make new devices? You make new devices for the new cars that come out. The i-1000 doesn't work on a new 2022 vehicle (I think it stops at 2015). Considering the computer on newer vehicles needs to be unlocked before it can even be tuned. That's your cash cow. That's how you should make your money. An so forth. Not from someone with a old 2010 vehicle just trying to get a little more horsepower. For shame.
Moparornocar612

06MonteSS wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:28 pm because nobody has ever lied in an ebay ad... :roll:
Again. If they lie. You contact eBay an get your money back. I bought a iPhone from eBay that was lost and stolen. The seller didn't contact me for a refund. I contacted ebay. I got my money back an got to keep the iPhone. I later sold the phone for parts. Double win for me.
Moparornocar612

06MonteSS wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:54 pm so you go buy a used one for $120, and when you get it, you find out it's still locked to the other persons vehicle because they didn't restore the original backup stock tune to their vehicle in order to unlock/reset it (common with ebay sales, seen it happen several hundreds of times over the years), and then you end up having to pay the $149 to get it unlocked/reset anyway... So then you'd be out 269 bucks, instead of just the 149...

An yes. I know how the licensing works. I bought the intune to turn the DoD off on my Sierra 1500. Now I want to use it tune my Charger. My problem is diablosport is charging an outrageous price to do so. Just like you said. If I had an intune i2. I could just buy a new license for another vehicle for $149, but correct me if I'm wrong. The intune i2 and i3 has more features then i-1000. An faster loading times. So why am I paying the same price for less features on my i1000🤔 that's my problem.

After posting my first post. I've done much research on other options. HPTuners charges a flat fee of $100 per vehicle (a little more if the computer needs to be unlocked). An as HPTuners gets new features, your software is updated an you get the new features as well. For the same $100. Now that's how things should work. Not charging the same price for a device a company no longer makes as they do for their newer devices. As sad as it is. It looks like I'm going to have to go that route. An just have a ipod looking paper weight on my desk.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Moparornocar612 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:58 pm

An yes. I know how the licensing works. I bought the intune to turn the DoD off on my Sierra 1500. Now I want to use it tune my Charger. My problem is diablosport is charging an outrageous price to do so. Just like you said. If I had an intune i2. I could just buy a new license for another vehicle for $149, but correct me if I'm wrong. The intune i2 and i3 has more features then i-1000. An faster loading times. So why am I paying the same price for less features on my i1000🤔 that's my problem.

After posting my first post. I've done much research on other options. HPTuners charges a flat fee of $100 per vehicle (a little more if the computer needs to be unlocked). An as HPTuners gets new features, your software is updated an you get the new features as well. For the same $100. Now that's how things should work. Not charging the same price for a device a company no longer makes as they do for their newer devices. As sad as it is. It looks like I'm going to have to go that route. An just have a ipod looking paper weight on my desk.
Bear in mind that for $100, all you get is access to read/edit the pcm, you dont get any thoroughly developed, emissions legal tunes to run that are backed by a large aftermarket tuning group.
Tuning is not something everyone is qualified to do. Hence why we have to charge for something. These tunes we develop take lots of time between development, emissions testing, gathering and testing on vehicles, etc.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com