New user questions

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

JamesD

New user questions

Post by JamesD »

Hello all,

I'm new here; just bought a 2006 Magnum R/T and thought I'd say hello and ask some noob questions.

When the T2 starts, it displays the message "Getting PID lists from vehicle..." Is it able to retrieve all the possible PIDs from the ECM, or only the ones the T2 knows about?

I did some queries with an old ELM327 and a terminal program, and I was able to obtain a list of the supported SAE PIDs, but I have no idea how to query the factory PIDs, or if that's even possible.

There are some PIDs that display improbable values, such as [1055] "Oil temperature from the transmission controller in degress (sic) centigrade." It always reads "-40 F." Is that because the ECM is responding with bad data, or the ECM is not responding to the query and the T2 software plugs in the lowest value, or some other reason? I note that there are a number of PIDs that have -40 for a minimum value.

I have other questions that I may be able to answer myself, once it quits raining for a while.

Thanks for your support!
2006 Magnum R/T - Bone stock 5.7 Hemi
mikel

Re: New user questions

Post by mikel »

the device is only querying for the pids it knows about. can connect a PC and stream our dataviewer 2 software to see a larger list as DV2 will query for additional pids.

If you see something like -40* for a temp value, it generally mans that PID does not return any data for that application.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

That was a huge help, Mike, thank you! It found well over two thousand PIDs. I had no idea!

I appreciate the response!
2006 Magnum R/T - Bone stock 5.7 Hemi
mikel

Post by mikel »

JamesD wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:59 pm That was a huge help, Mike, thank you! It found well over two thousand PIDs. I had no idea!

I appreciate the response!
:)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com