Diablosport i3 questions for my 07 F150

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

JoCur89

Diablosport i3 questions for my 07 F150

Post by JoCur89 »

Hello, I have a 2007 F150 5.4 3v, I ordered a diablosport intune i3 yesterday, and estimated delivery is next Tuesday and I am super excited! I have a few things done to my truck, nothing crazy really, but I am wondering how much extra power I could get for these modifications. Here is everything I have done, i have a Jet Performace Mass Air Flow Sensor, a S&B Cold Air Intake, BBK 80mm Throttle Body which was a 5mm increase from stock I believe, J&L Oil seperator, stock Headers (switching to long tube soon), Flowmaster Duel Exaust, with a new left side Catalytic Converter due to the last being clogged, new fuel filter.. I'm hoping there is a CAI tune, or if somehow it would calibrate to the things I have done when it writes the Tune?

If not how much will it cost for a custom tune to get all of my things working together how they should be, I believe my trucks running really lean at the moment because of all the extra air I'm getting, so my Air to fuel ratio is off I think, im not getting any codes, but when I step on the gas about 60% she gets up and goes, but starts to hesitate then it would get back into it, and do the same thing, I haven't even gone full throttle yet with this BBK 80mm TB ive has installed for about a month now, because I'm scared it'll mess something up without a tune, I'm hoping I can adjust my Air to fuel ratio, or a tune to fix it. What are some thoughts on this, and what amount of Hp, and Torque I can gain with these mods? 8)
mikel

Re: Diablosport i3 questions for my 07 F150

Post by mikel »

IMO, that MAF is gonna be a problem. They trick the pcm to think less air is coming in than really is, to create a lean condition to try to make more power. Id suggest swapping the stock sensor back in and take it for a spin, I bet it feels better or at least doesn't hesitate, etc.
If it does still miss, its likely from the intake requiring a tune, and you should have an option for a few CAIs to pick from on the tune selection.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
JoCur89

Post by JoCur89 »

Ok I gotcha, I havent even thoughten about that, I will switch back to the stock MAF when I get home, hoping it fixes it :) , I'll let you know in the next day or 2.
JoCur89

Post by JoCur89 »

It does run a little better, im starting to lead towards one of my Ignition coils being bad because it still misfires under load, I will most likely be ordering a MSD Street Fire Ignition Coil pack.
mikel

Post by mikel »

good deal.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
JoCur89

Post by JoCur89 »

I've got a question, I've seen videos and threads of people having 87 octane in there cars tank, but using the 93 diablo tune? Is there any benefits to this, or will it just lead to problems?
mikel

Post by mikel »

thats a terrible idea :)

It will make less power than stock if running 87 on our 93 tune as the knock sensors will constantly be pulling more timing than needed.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
JoCur89

Post by JoCur89 »

Ok yea I figured :lol: , after I seen some doing it I was laughing and questioning why the hell do that, I figured it would mess things up, yet alone make it slower.
JoCur89

Post by JoCur89 »

Ok so I got my I3 yesterday, and I absolutely love it, the shift points are so much better, and it shifts way faster and doesn't have a delay, the power gain is impressive to me, especially since it's my first tuner lol, im running the 87 octane tune, but I couldn't find a S&B 87 Tune, I only saw a Roush, Power aid, and other intake tunes, would the Roush intake be better for more horsepower? I'm on the edge about pulling the trigger on one, the roush tubing looks a tiny bit bigger than my S&B, so would that alone be getting more air, plus the Roush tune, be making more power than my S&B?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Hmm, I know we used to do an S&B tune for the Mustang but not sure if we ever had one for the F150.
See if one of the intakes we offer a tune for is similar in design to yours, and load that one and see hw it does. I have a feeling your S&B may be a no tune required intake though.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
JoCur89

Post by JoCur89 »

Ok ill try that out!