Tuner Questions - Tire Size

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

Phatboy30824

Tuner Questions - Tire Size

Post by Phatboy30824 »

I have recently gotten my truck back after having the cam/lifters replaced and was told it needed a tune to disable MDS. Everything is great except:

- Hard starts after warmup
- at 60mph in OD it has a stumble feeling when a slight load is applied (like going up a hill). If I manually put it in 5th it runs smooth and fine.
- my remote start no longer works

I have bigger tires on it than stock and the only time I had this issue in the past was when the tire parameters weren't set right. When I go to adjust tire size with the P2 it simply shows '165' and I can adjust it down, but not up. I can't even go back up if I drop it below 165. If I go right it just wants to go back to the stock size. I have read the manual and it didn't give me a lot of information and I looked over the website and haven't found a similar issue (or a more detailed manual).
mikel

Re: Tuner Questions - Tire Size

Post by mikel »

- Hard starts after warmup
Nothing in the tune would cause this, especially if you didn't have this issue prior to the mechanical work. Sounds like something mechanical related.

- at 60mph in OD it has a stumble feeling when a slight load is applied (like going up a hill). If I manually put it in 5th it runs smooth and fine.
Not sure what this could be. Is it in the trans or engine?

Are there any active codes present?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Phatboy30824

Post by Phatboy30824 »

- This is the first time this has happened, probably way short of 200 miles on the truck since upgrades.

Nothing in the tune would cause this, especially if you didn't have this issue prior to the mechanical work. Sounds like something mechanical related.

- I feel like the tire size is not set right. When I used the SuperChip tuner the only time it acted like this was when the tire size was set to 'stock' and the RPM range was off when at speed. When I try to adjust tire size through the P2 I just get '165' and it only allows me to go down (it won't even let me go back up if I go below 165).

at 60mph in OD it has a stumble feeling when a slight load is applied (like going up a hill). If I manually put it in 5th it runs smooth and fine.
Not sure what this could be. Is it in the trans or engine?

Are there any active codes present? No codes.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Nothing in our preloaded tunes is going to cause hard starts. 1000s of other Rams using the same tunes with no hard starts, but they dont have MDS disable ;)

Give us a call and we'll sort out the tire size issue, 561-908-0040
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com