T2 EX Update Problem

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Ceefus

T2 EX Update Problem

Post by Ceefus »

Hello,

I recently bought a T2 EX from a guy on Facebook which was a mistake but that said... It won't read the stock ECU on my 2020 Challenger Scat Pack. I have the bypass module installed and I confirmed if I unmarry another tuner and plug that one in it will read the ECU. I downloaded the Update Agent software and it will connect and says it is installing updates. It gets to the point where it says "Your update is now being installed, please follow the instructions displayed on your device" but nothing actually happens on the device. I let it sit overnight just to see if it was just slow but nothing happened on the device. I power cycled it thinking maybe that would force it but it doesn't apply the update. I tried with 2 different computers then tested the update with my buddies device and that one updated without an issue. I reached out to Holley support and they were very responsive but couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong. They suggested calling support but I haven't had time because work is crazy.

Could anyone help with any tips or troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!
06MonteSS

Re: T2 EX Update Problem

Post by 06MonteSS »

Did you also purchase the unlocked PCM from diablosport??? Need to have an unlocked/modified PCM to be able to tune it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Ceefus

Post by Ceefus »

Yes, I have the unlocked PCM. The issue is that it won't pull my factory PCM configuration.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I am not following 100%. Did it ask you to check for updates when you attempted to tune the vehicle the first time?

Whats the device serial number?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Ceefus

Post by Ceefus »

I can't update it when connected to my PC via USB and it isn't connected to wifi so I can't update it directly from the device in the settings menu. When I connect it to my car it won't pull the factory config.

Serial number: 201598523

Thanks!
mikel

Post by mikel »

what exactly happens when you connect to the car and try to tune?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Ceefus

Post by Ceefus »

When I plug it into the factory PCM it says "An unexpected error has occurred. Please wait while a failure log is created." then it says "Failure log complete."

I have a buddy with the same tuner for his 2016 and when he unmarries it; it will download my PCM and then ask for the unlocked PCM.

Thanks again!
mikel

Post by mikel »

Ok, something is up there, probably best to give us a call from the vehicle if possible.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com