Need help downgrading ECU on 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

ngc1068

Need help downgrading ECU on 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Post by ngc1068 »

Hi,

I've tried to use the Holley support page and ask for help but no response and seems when I call the Holley support phone number, I just get the background music and nobody answers the phone.

I'm sorry to be pest, but need some help.

I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger that has the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger installed. Recently the ECU took a crap, and fried the injector drivers so I had to purchase a new ECU. I was able to flash the original ECU back to stock, and unmarry my Predator (its p/n EDL7135). I have the new ECU installed and I had it flashed to have the original VIN... problem is when I go to put the Diablosport tune in, it turns out the new ECU has a newer OS version, and the Predator wants to downgrade the OS version. I'm fine with the downgrade, but it seems the Predator wants to get some files off the internet, through DSDownloader. I have DSDownloader and it finds the Predator, but DSDownloader pops up with XML parser messages, I think its unable to find the files it is looking for, probably because the website it was configured for is defunct. Would it be possible to have someone get me the files so I could update manually?

Make: Dodge
Model: Challenger SRT8
Year: 2009

Predator Tool Info:
Serial: 7f008935
Part: edl7135 edl7135
Version: v.9r05
Hardware: UNIV_REV2
Bus: CAN SCIA
Born: 08/06/2012 25126
Bus test: u7135

I'm terribly sorry to bring this up now, but I am kind of stuck with the car un driveable until I can get the Predator to work with this replacement ECU.

Thanks so much!!!

Brad
mikel

Re: Need help downgrading ECU on 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Post by mikel »

this is a tricky spot. DSDL has been unsupported for many years now, though we have left all the servers running for those who still use these devices. That said, we dont work on or update these servers beyond keeping them running, and honestly, this stuff is so old there may not be anyone here familiar with how it all works. My best suggestion here is to consider upgrading to a newer device, or, see if you can find someone who can manually load the required calid to the pcm for you.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com