Diablo tune on 91 in utah

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

RickyLee276

Diablo tune on 91 in utah

Post by RickyLee276 »

I had a custom tune from HF and my truck ram ok for a week and then. Started losing HP and getting KR.
So I decided to change tune to see if the trouble followed so I went back to stock tune and truck ram strong and felt good with no issues.
Afterwards I decided to try the 91 octane canned tune but by mistake I hit the diablo tune and didn’t catch what I did until the tune was loading.
So I decided to go ahead and take it to the store for drinks which is about 5 miles and noticed the truck was running like a champ. Strong pull outs at WOT . It will suck you back in seat literally. No misfires or KR At any rpm’s and my fuel economy actually increased even tho my foot was heavy in the throttle so I left the tune installed. I’ve drove about 150 miles and according to my PIDs and the way the truck feels, it’s the best it’s ran in a while.

My question is, should I revert to the 91 tune ? In Utah 93 gas isn’t an option. I’ve heard at elevation 91 is ok for 93 tune but I still want to ask the forum and hopefully a DS rep.
And I know I need to contact HF and I will eventually when I gets some logs to send and show what’s going on. I’m bad about recording logs and then forgetting about them and turning the truck off.
Today driving down the high way at high speeds I heard the Trinity 2 beeb a couple times for the first time ever in the few months I had it. I’m thinking it was some type of Alarm or something but no messages showed up and I don’t know how to check.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
RickyLee276

Re: Diablo tune on 91 in utah

Post by RickyLee276 »

Anyone ?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

if you only get or use 91 octane gas in it, then you want to install the 91 octane tune... not the diablo/93 octane tune...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
sschefer@charter.net

Post by sschefer@charter.net »

I'm in the Nevada High Desert at 4000ft.
Car is a 2012 Challenger R/T 5.7L
The only Tier 1 fuels are Chevron and Shell. There is no 93 available anywhere except in California and I have no intention of going there. I'm running a stock 80mm throttle body, a CAI which actually does keep the IAT at acceptable levels. I currently have the 91 tune loaded and the car runs like stock (virtually no improvement) I have not cleared the transients so there is a strong possibility that these are what's causing the ineffective 91 Tune. I'm also considering upgrading to a 85mm throttle body to help compensate for the lower air density at 4000ft.

At idle baro pressure it 12.6 and Map is 4.8. After a little math, the 91 octane fuel burn rate (octane) is right at 92. So I will not run the 93 tune but instead try to get more air volume.
RickyLee276

Post by RickyLee276 »

My truck ran great on the 93 Diablo tune with 91. But I do as recommended now and use 91. Although I have not used the canned tunes in a while.
sschefer@charter.net

Post by sschefer@charter.net »

RickyLee276 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:59 pm My truck ran great on the 93 Diablo tune with 91. But I do as recommended now and use 91. Although I have not used the canned tunes in a while.
I haven't contacted Jay Grene yet but intend to do so in the near future. He should be able to tell me if adding an extra 5mm to the throttle body will be enough or not.

I was tuning with a HP tuner but recently went back to stock and setup the T2 Platinum EX. I can pull log files with either one.
RickyLee276

Post by RickyLee276 »

I’m currently using Jay Greene’s tunes. I’ve got custom tunes from other popular tuners out there but my truck runs best on jays. And he always willing to answer questions and help you out. A real solid dude.