Tune for ported throttle bodies

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

DaBigKahuna1

Tune for ported throttle bodies

Post by DaBigKahuna1 »

I have a 2018 Camaro SS. I have the Diablosport Intune I3. I did the tune for 91 octane as that is all that is available in my town. I have installed a CAI (GM) and a ported throttle body. Recently I occasionally get a trouble code regarding the ported throttle body. It went quite awhile before this started happening. Am I able to tune that out in the I3 or do I have to have someone do that for me? I'm planning more mods later on too.
06MonteSS

Re: Tune for ported throttle bodies

Post by 06MonteSS »

ported throttle body shouldn't trigger any codes, unless there's something wrong with it or you went too big of a throttle body... But a stock, ported/polished throttle body would not trigger any codes.. There's nothing in the tune file for anything to do with a throttle body area/size, so there's nothing to tune out...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
DaBigKahuna1

Re: Tune for ported throttle bodies

Post by DaBigKahuna1 »

06MonteSS wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:51 pm ported throttle body shouldn't trigger any codes, unless there's something wrong with it or you went too big of a throttle body... But a stock, ported/polished throttle body would not trigger any codes.. There's nothing in the tune file for anything to do with a throttle body area/size, so there's nothing to tune out...
Thanks for the info. It's weird that it was OK for over a year and now giving me codes which causes the remote start to stop working and makes it run rough. The dealer did clear the code and it was good for a few months before it started again. Guess I'll have to put the stock one back in then.