IAT PID change

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

JamesD

IAT PID change

Post by JamesD »

When I installed update package r565 recently, I noticed a change in a couple of PIDs. I'd like to talk about what used to be the IAT PID.

It was accessed as PID 15 in either the Basic or Advanced PIDs, described as Intake Air Temperature, and the label was IAT, which I assumed stood for Intake Air Temperature.

Life was good.

It disappeared after the update. After a bit of searching, I found PID 422. The description is Intake Air Temperature, and the label is ACT. The only thing I've figured out so far is that's an acronym for the Welsh phrase aer cymeriant tymheredd, and I honestly think that's unlikely. I like knowing what an abbreviation stands for, as, well, you know, back in the old days, when I saw IAT, Intake Air Temperature came to mind. It's going to take me quite a while to associate ACT with Aer Cymeriant Tymheredd, as that's not a phrase that either comes to mind quickly or rolls off the tongue easily.

I hope that it's not just a random selection of characters. Please share the wisdom, and tell me what ACT represents. I'm sure it's something obvious that has simply eluded me.

Thank you!

James

P.S. I can't describe why, but it doesn't feel like it used to.
2006 Magnum R/T - Bone stock 5.7 Hemi
mikel

Re: IAT PID change

Post by mikel »

ACT is air charge temp.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
JamesD