the 120 hp tune

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

slam

the 120 hp tune

Post by slam »

i have an 04 gmc sierra crew 2500 6.6 duramax,with 46985 miles. currently i am running the 85 hp tune and with the lucas fuel additive and a k&n filter and a 4 in magna flow exh from the down pipe back.it also has a 6 in fabtech lift with 325x60x20 toyo open countries A/Ts. i was wondering if the 120 hp tune is ok to run some people are telling me that if i dont have a tranny up grade not to mess with it.or will just send the trans into limp mode every time. currently the allison trans is stock. so any advice would be appreciated thanks.
mikel

RE: the 120 hp tune

Post by mikel »

This tune does have the power to cause the tranny to slip, which will cause it to go into a limp mode.
You would be safe to try it, but I would not leave it in for daily driving.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
slam

Post by slam »

yeah i found that out the hard way. 1st time i tried it i was on the freeway and everything was working good i was stepping on the throttle pretty hard and it was really pulling hard(accelorate fast) and just as it shifted into 5th or overdrive, bam right into limp mode scared the poop out of me .thought i blew up my truck. well come to find out after talking to some friends and some trial and error when using the 120hp tune press and hold the tow haul button on the shifter and it will turn off the overdrive .and once you do that so far hasnt sent the trans into limp yet. so thought you might want to let people know that might be a helpful piece of information for everyone to know. thanks for response.
pedro_dominion

Post by pedro_dominion »

Does using the tow/haul button like that hurt the truck at all? or r u just using that whenever u r using the 120 hp setting?
slam

Post by slam »

well i am not turning the tow haul on but i am using it to turn off the overdrive,just press it and hold for like 4-5 sec's and you will see the overdrive icon pop up on the dash next to where the little trailer pops up when you turn on the tow haul, with a line through it like its off,and to turn it back on is reverse.
pedro_dominion

Post by pedro_dominion »

Thanks alot bud. I will try that and see what happens.
evaleon

Re: the 120 hp tune

Post by evaleon »

Could that kind of towing/hauling damage the truck? or do you use that exclusively when you need 120 horsepower?
mikel

Post by mikel »

evaleon wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:27 am Could that kind of towing/hauling damage the truck? or do you use that exclusively when you need 120 horsepower?
you should not tow anything with the extreme 120 HP tune loaded.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
thunderysizzling

Post by thunderysizzling »

evaleon wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:27 am Could that kind of towing/hauling damage the truck? or do you use that exclusively when you need 120 horsepower?dinosaur game
Transmission overheating and accelerated wear - The transmission works harder to pull heavy loads without enough torque. Fluid can overheat.