Can i3 handle custom cam/bolt-ons on my GM 5.3?

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
alicesphere
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2025 8:11 am

Can i3 handle custom cam/bolt-ons on my GM 5.3?

Post by alicesphere »

Hey all,

I’m new here and looking for advice. I’ve got a 2012 Chevy Silverado 5.3 with basic bolt-ons (CAI + cat-back exhaust) and I just bought a DiabloSport i3 tunner. I’m thinking of adding a custom cam + long tubes later this year.

My question: Will i3 still work reliably with those modifications, or will I need a full custom dyno tune instead?

I’ve read some threads where i3 gives good gains on stock/light mods, but I’m not sure if it’s enough for cams + headers + exhaust.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Can i3 handle custom cam/bolt-ons on my GM 5.3?

Post by mikel »

you'll need a custom tune for sure, it can be done in person or via email in most cases.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”