5,7 MDS DELETE

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Reply
ArnieB
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2026 11:48 am

5,7 MDS DELETE

Post by ArnieB »

After installing the DiabloSport supplied PCM, I attempted to reprogram the PCM to delete the MDS routine. The vehicle is a 2018 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 HEMI. After going through the tuner menus to select MDS off, I worked my back out of prompts to the APPLY command, which I clicked apply. I assume the PCM has been reprogrammed to delete the MDS function. However, when I drive the truck with reprogrammed PCM, the ECO light in the dashboard still comes on. Does the ECO light mean the MDS has not been deleted? If so, how do I get the MDS deleted?
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 5,7 MDS DELETE

Post by 06MonteSS »

Eco and MDS are not the same thing - totally different... MDS is cylinder deactivation. Eco mode is a little leaf shaped light showing that you are driving like a grandpa... :lol:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ArnieB
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2026 11:48 am

Re: 5,7 MDS DELETE

Post by ArnieB »

I am a grandfather and damn proud of it. As for my driving, well that’s a different story. LOL
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 5,7 MDS DELETE

Post by mikel »

LOL.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “i2/i3 for Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram”