Hi support team,
I am posting here because I haven't received a response via email/ticket, and I really need your guidance on what to do next.
Here is the exact issue:
Vehicle: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7L.
The Situation: I recently had to replace the PCM (computer) on my Jeep. The seller flashed this replacement PCM with the latest official dealership software update available for this specific 2005 Hemi model.
The Problem: When I connect my Predator to the Jeep, it completely locks me out and states that a calibration update is required.
Tool Info: My tool screen shows Part: u7137 and Version: v.9r14.
I attempted to connect the tool to my Windows PC using DSDownloader to get the update automatically, but I keep getting a connection error (Invalid address passed), so the automatic server route is dead.
I read in older forum threads that the final v.9r14 firmware dropped support for some 2005 factory calibrations due to memory limits, and that downgrading to the u7137-9t14b.crom file usually solves this for 2005 models.
What do you recommend me to do in this case? If downgrading is the answer, could you please attach the u7137-9t14b.crom file to this thread so I can flash it manually? If there is a better solution or a different file I should use for this updated PCM, please let me know.
Thank you for your support!
Calibration error on 2005 Hemi after PCM replacement (Need U7137 9t14b.crom?
Moderator: sohfast94
Re: Calibration error on 2005 Hemi after PCM replacement (Need U7137 9t14b.crom?
Those predator's are olllllld, and were discontinued at least about a decade ago.... there are no files for that thing anymore...
best bet is to trade in that predator and get the new inTune or Trinity, and you'll get a 25% discount on the new programmer...
You can email tech support about the trade-in info... [email protected] and/or [email protected]
best bet is to trade in that predator and get the new inTune or Trinity, and you'll get a 25% discount on the new programmer...
You can email tech support about the trade-in info... [email protected] and/or [email protected]
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: Calibration error on 2005 Hemi after PCM replacement (Need U7137 9t14b.crom?
Hi 06MonteSS,
Thanks for the information. I understand it's an old device, so I want to consider the trade-in option you mentioned to avoid more downtime.
I am looking at your website and found the newer DiabloSport Predator 2 (Part# 7401), which says it supports 1998-2014 Dodge/Jeep SUVs.
Can I use my 25% trade-in discount toward this specific Predator 2 (Part# 7401)? And more importantly, can you confirm if this newer tool will work out of the box and handle the updated factory PCM calibration on my 2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7L Hemi without throwing the calibration error?
Let me know so I can email tech support to start the process. Thanks!
Thanks for the information. I understand it's an old device, so I want to consider the trade-in option you mentioned to avoid more downtime.
I am looking at your website and found the newer DiabloSport Predator 2 (Part# 7401), which says it supports 1998-2014 Dodge/Jeep SUVs.
Can I use my 25% trade-in discount toward this specific Predator 2 (Part# 7401)? And more importantly, can you confirm if this newer tool will work out of the box and handle the updated factory PCM calibration on my 2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7L Hemi without throwing the calibration error?
Let me know so I can email tech support to start the process. Thanks!
Re: Calibration error on 2005 Hemi after PCM replacement (Need U7137 9t14b.crom?
I'm a GM guy... I am not a Dodge guy, so I have no idea... You'll want to contact tech support about that... [email protected]rockdrian wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2026 6:14 pm Hi 06MonteSS,
Thanks for the information. I understand it's an old device, so I want to consider the trade-in option you mentioned to avoid more downtime.
I am looking at your website and found the newer DiabloSport Predator 2 (Part# 7401), which says it supports 1998-2014 Dodge/Jeep SUVs.
Can I use my 25% trade-in discount toward this specific Predator 2 (Part# 7401)? And more importantly, can you confirm if this newer tool will work out of the box and handle the updated factory PCM calibration on my 2005 Grand Cherokee 5.7L Hemi without throwing the calibration error?
Let me know so I can email tech support to start the process. Thanks!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Calibration error on 2005 Hemi after PCM replacement (Need U7137 9t14b.crom?
Give us a call and we can set you up with a new device for 25% off as a loyalty upgrade, no problem.
PredatorX will work if you dont need custom tuning, otherwise id suggest an inTune 3.
Either will allow you to proceed with tuning.
561-908-0040 if you can call.
Thanks
PredatorX will work if you dont need custom tuning, otherwise id suggest an inTune 3.
Either will allow you to proceed with tuning.
561-908-0040 if you can call.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]