did a log
Moderator: mikel
did a log
i logged my 08rt for the first time. i got anywhere from 0 to 5.00 on st retard at wot most of the time it was no higher than 3.00. it stayed 0 at regular speed.my lt would max to around 3.00 at wot nothing during reg speed but it was mostly 1.5 to 2.0 wot.im on a 93 cai tune.there is a chance my wife put 92 oct in the tank sometime in the last week or 2.i have ran 60$worth thru the tank of 93 the last few days.if it stays this way what should i do with spark and wot fuel. thanks in advanced.
RE: did a log
if you are not certain what gas is in the tank you can use the 91 tune and check for knock, what are your other mods if any? you could also try to add fuel to run a little richer but first make sure you are using the correct fuel octane. also check what brands of fuel diablo recommends
RE: did a log
You know, I did the same thing last week. I went through all the tunes (except 93 CAI) and got a little retard at WOT on all of them (never exceeding 4.0). Seemed to get less at WOT on the 91 CAI tune.....(I don't have a CAI). I only use Valero Gas, 93 Octane.
But, I also got WOT retard on stock also....so, maybe it's normal for a little?
Anyway, I went back to stock until I get a CAI so I can load the 93 CAI tune...Don't know if it's me, but the car seems better in stock at this time.
- Mark
2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 - Stock
But, I also got WOT retard on stock also....so, maybe it's normal for a little?
Anyway, I went back to stock until I get a CAI so I can load the 93 CAI tune...Don't know if it's me, but the car seems better in stock at this time.
- Mark
2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 - Stock
RE: did a log
You will see a little even on the stock programs depending on the type of gas and temperature of your area. It's inherent to the engine itself.
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
- fordomatic69
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm
RE: did a log
You'll more than likely see some KR at WOT, especially right around the shift point. Perfectly normal for these cars. 3 or less is good, under 5 is okay, more than 5 is no good but you could add some fuel (rich) and log again. If you are somewhat of a gearhead like Quick, Mike_Levy, SRT8Tech, etc. (that's a compliment guys)
you can play with Spark and WOT Fuel until you get rid of the knock completely.
I am running 89 Octane right now (thanks wife)
so I re-loaded the 91CAI and removed 3* of timing. Absolutely no knock at WOT or normal driving. At least she bought good quality gas, I'll give her that 
I am running 89 Octane right now (thanks wife)
Fordomatic Says:
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.