problems with installing tune--NOT ANYMORE

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
tenuhsee1975
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:58 pm

problems with installing tune--NOT ANYMORE

Post by tenuhsee1975 »

Hi,
I was extremely happy to receive my predator today, however that would be short lived. I took the time to read the instructions, went out to the truck and proceeded to tune my truck. It was going through backing up data and BOOM!! ---- Script error no backup. I got the msg to restore....ok Yes I would like to since it won't program. Sorry no luck, there is no file to restore. Attempt to retune: no VIN found-- even bigger problem. I then get back to the main screen and unplug the predator. I attempted to start the truck, and got nothing. I was in a state of panic at that point since I was 60 miles from home and now my truck wouldn't start. I called and spoke to Gary (EXTREMELY NICE GUY) However he felt I was somewhat up the creek and would need to have my truck towed to the dealer to have my PCM reflashed. I listened to an old mechanic pretty familiar with these trucks and he said I should first try disconnecting the battery cable for a little while, then reconnect and see if my truck started. WHEW, what a relief that this worked!!!! I called Gary back and he said I should obviously wait til I am home to try to install a tune again and informed me that these are very sensitive to power current changes, etc. I was told to make sure ANY aftermarket power consuming items be unplugged, etc. He also mentioned that it wouldn't be a bad idea to hook up a battery charger to my truck for a while before I try and leave it on while making another attempt. I hooked up the charger when I got home, spent some time doing some stuff in the house, and went out to check the charger. It showed a full charge. I pulled the fuse from the radio, and all that jazz, even though I don't have OnStar just to be sure my factory CD changer wasn't the culprit. I attempted to install the tune again and got the same error. At least this time though my truck did start afterward. I shut off the switch, disconnected the predator and commenced to pull fuses for anything I could see that might be pulling current but wouldn't be needed for loading a tune. I continued trying to install after pulling various fuses to no avail. I just kept getting the same error. I am dumbfounded. Has ANYONE experienced anything like this before?? Please HELP!!!!?????

Thank you,
John

Truck:
2004 Silverado 4.8l V8
U7193 Predator
Last edited by tenuhsee1975 on Tue May 15, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: problems with installing tune

Post by mikel »

John, it sounds like there may be an issue with that particular tool.
Give us a call on Monday so we can look into it and decide what steps need to be taken to get you squared away.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
tenuhsee1975
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:58 pm

issue resolved

Post by tenuhsee1975 »

OK, I spoke with Gary this morning and he told me to do an RMA request. I (thank goodness) didn't have time to do it before I went out of town today. I talked to a couple people about it and it was suggested that I remove the relays for the DRL's and the headlights. When I got home tonight, I tried it and BADA BING!!!! WE ARE IN BUSINESS!!!! Thank you Diablosport.

another happy customer,
John
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”