*** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

evadllig
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Post by evadllig »

For me the issue is not whether or not I got a good deal compared with the other options out there. It is whether I got all of what I paid for.

If Diablo offered the ECM tuner and said we don't know if we will ever have TCM control and it cost $350.00 - would I have still bought it? - I don't know - maybe - maybe not. But at least I would not be in the position I am now. Paid for a product and only got half of it. Hell it may be the good half or even the best half but it is still half.

The fact that I am still here bitching and putting up with Diablo's complete lack of attention, tells me that I do like their product and am happy with the results so far. But I still only have half.....

And Diablo still doesn't give a crap...
Image

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - K&N AirCharger, Corsa Cat Back and of course the Diablo Predator U7191
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

WHEN Did you get yours? Mine was when the dollar was like 72/100 and I did it for the tranny support, HA! Yes raped but you all share that feeling cause they got you!!!

AND

everybody else that fell prey to the predator...
Last edited by Ill_Born_SS on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evadllig
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Post by evadllig »

Oh my Gawd...

Please tell me that I did not just read the latest release correctly...

Diablo just released a FlexFuel convertor?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I thought Diablo was supposed to be raising Hell .. not corn....
Image

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - K&N AirCharger, Corsa Cat Back and of course the Diablo Predator U7191
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Well they produced enough cornhole oil in house they had to do something.
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
evadllig
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Post by evadllig »

Ill_Born_SS wrote:WHEN Did you get yours? Mine was when the dollar was like 72/100 and I did it for the tranny support, HA! Yes raped but you all share that feeling cause they got you!!!
I got my tuner #U7191 in the fall of 06 after looking into several custom tuners. One of the custom tuners main claims to fame was that they tuned the TCM as well. I spoke to a Diablo rep on the phone and they said that the TCM support weas to be out late 06 or the beginning of 07...

I think I paid $350.00 american for the tuner. Maybe it was $400.00 but no more...
Image

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - K&N AirCharger, Corsa Cat Back and of course the Diablo Predator U7191
CANUCKPREDATOR
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

Ill_Born_SS wrote:WHEN Did you get yours? Mine was when the dollar was like 72/100 and I did it for the tranny support, HA! Yes raped but you all share that feeling cause they got you!!!

AND

everybody else that fell prey to the predator...
I got mine in Dec 2007 with strong Canadian dollar. You can complain all you want, but ALL other tuners on the market don't have TCM support for my truck either, they are similar money and don't have any where near the adjustability of a Predator. I'll stay with Predator, at least they are saying they are working on it, no one else is. I could go to a custome email tune, but then I'd have to invest in another set of ECM/TCM and then I'd have invested more money than the Predator.
concoursd
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:01 am

Post by concoursd »

the flex fuel predator announcement on the home page references a product that was developed and released over a year ago. They are just trying to promote it on their website better. And, the FLX predators are developed mainly by a third party company, not diablosport, so dont jump on them for that.

still cant believe how long it has taken them to get this TCM support done.
evadllig
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Post by evadllig »

Point taken...

Maybe they need to get a third party to help them with their TCM control....

Seems like we are getting no where fast....
Image

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - K&N AirCharger, Corsa Cat Back and of course the Diablo Predator U7191
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: RE: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? Join the C

Post by 06MonteSS »

CANUCKPREDATOR wrote:
CANUCKPREDATOR wrote:
CANUCKPREDATOR wrote: "WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM......."
"WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM......."
"WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM......."
haven't had one of these for a couple pages.... so figured I'd quote the quote, and quote the quote, and quote the quote, and... well, you get the idea... hahah...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
CANUCKPREDATOR
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:58 pm

RE: Re: RE: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? Join t

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

We've been too serious for a couple of pages, good idea Monte.
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

RE: Re: RE: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? Join t

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

LET`S make it official:

THE NEW "Automagical" TCM SUPPORT

1. Automatic, but with an apparent element of stage magic. Commonly used in computer and other technology fields, referring to complex technical processes hidden from the view of users or operators. Includes a connotation of specialness and often implies pride on the part of the process creator (especially when the person using the word is the process creator). Sometimes, also used in sarcastic way, ironically implying an impossible process. "
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: Re: RE: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? Join t

Post by 06MonteSS »

:lol: :lol:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Grumpy_Aero_Guy
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm

Re: RE: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? Join the C

Post by Grumpy_Aero_Guy »

06MonteSS wrote:
CANUCKPREDATOR wrote:
CANUCKPREDATOR wrote: "WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM......."
"WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM, WE WANT TCM......."
I couldn't help myself
Grumpy Aero Guy, 07 Sierra 5.3, Diablo Tuned, CAI
DSLogRedux.com

Image

Image
CANUCKPREDATOR
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:58 pm

RE: Re: RE: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? Join t

Post by CANUCKPREDATOR »

Its fun isn't it Grumpy :D
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

RE: Re: RE: *** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? Join t

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Why is it so hard to get TCM?

The brains of TCM engineers are wired to avoid the customers, U.S. researchers said on Thursday. At the mere hint of a threat, the TCM engineers adjust their stance to flee in the opposite direction, ensuring a clean getaway, they said in a finding that helps explain why TCM engineers so easily evade swipes from their customers.
"These movements are made very rapidly, within about 200 milliseconds, but within that time the TCM engineers determine where the threat is coming from and activate an appropriate set of movements to position their legs and arms," The Florida Institute of Technology said in a statement.â€
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”