Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?'s
I'm getting ready to purchase a Predator in the nest 30 days and I was wondering what kind of gains I can expect. I have a 2005 GMC ECSB Z71 with the L33 aluminum 5.3. I plan on running the 93 octane tune, and I buy my gas at BP stations(recommended by Diablosport). I'm looking for
A.More power
B.More gas mileage
C.More drivabilty(better throttle response and all that jazz)
Right now the truck has a drop in K&N filter, and a 3" in Dual 2.5" out Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust. I've been reading what other people are running into with the 7193 and am just curios.
A.More power
B.More gas mileage
C.More drivabilty(better throttle response and all that jazz)
Right now the truck has a drop in K&N filter, and a 3" in Dual 2.5" out Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust. I've been reading what other people are running into with the 7193 and am just curios.
-
Grumpy_Aero_Guy
- Posts: 842
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm
RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
Buy it. My truck is a beast with a (slightly modded) Diablo tune. Make sure you get the PC interface kit. I believe Maryland Speed (Google) actually throws the kit in with every Predator purchase --- other vendors may as well.
A. check
B. Slightly more. Expect 0.5 to 1 mpg improvement (if you can keep your foot out of it)
C. check
As for the drop-in K&N..... LOSE IT, and now.
Go for a true Cold Air intake (I recommend other than K&N). The drop ins, especially in the NBS trucks, actually are a detriment to air flow for reasons I don't want to go into right now.
A. check
B. Slightly more. Expect 0.5 to 1 mpg improvement (if you can keep your foot out of it)
C. check
As for the drop-in K&N..... LOSE IT, and now.
Go for a true Cold Air intake (I recommend other than K&N). The drop ins, especially in the NBS trucks, actually are a detriment to air flow for reasons I don't want to go into right now.
Grumpy Aero Guy, 07 Sierra 5.3, Diablo Tuned, CAI
DSLogRedux.com


DSLogRedux.com

Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
Thanks. I looked up Maryland Speed. Is the free interface kit the the same one as the Diablosport? I plan on getting an S&B CAI kit in the near future(early next year).Grumpy_Aero_Guy wrote:Buy it. My truck is a beast with a (slightly modded) Diablo tune. Make sure you get the PC interface kit. I believe Maryland Speed (Google) actually throws the kit in with every Predator purchase --- other vendors may as well.
A. check
B. Slightly more. Expect 0.5 to 1 mpg improvement (if you can keep your foot out of it)
C. check
As for the drop-in K&N..... LOSE IT, and now.
Go for a true Cold Air intake (I recommend other than K&N). The drop ins, especially in the NBS trucks, actually are a detriment to air flow for reasons I don't want to go into right now.
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
yes, same one... just make sure you get the correct one...
if you have a newer PC and don't have any serial ports, you need to get the USB cable set...
if you DO have a serial port, then get the serial cable set... a lot less issues with that...
if you have a newer PC and don't have any serial ports, you need to get the USB cable set...
if you DO have a serial port, then get the serial cable set... a lot less issues with that...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
I'm going to order this week from Maryland speed. Since the newest revision or the 7193 came out back in the summer they should have it, right? I want to make sure it has the datalog capability since that was one of the upgrades.
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
yes, they will have the newest revision/versions of the predators...
you will be able to save logs and also update it when needed via the internet downloads...
you will be able to save logs and also update it when needed via the internet downloads...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
Great thanks.
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
Got it today. Loaded the 93 octane tune and tweaked the shifts point and top speed a little. After a week or so I'm going to datalog, and go into DSLogredux and see what it says. I can tell already it pulls hard through 1st gear(upped the shift point to 5700) I can't wait until it learns the tune all the way.
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
excellent!!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
I do have a question now. It seems like my fans are running more now. Does anyone know the factory on/off settings so I can readjust them?
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
fans running a little more = cooler engine = more power
what tune did you install?
what tune did you install?
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
I did the Diablo tune. So the fans running more is normal? If so, I'm not worried.
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
yeah, because they make changes to the fan settings, so that they do run a little more... no worries... 
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
OK. I've run my tune for about 3 weeks now. I am very happy. I know my 3.42's are killing me(32 inch tall tires), but once I'm rolling, it's an animal. I can't wait to get time to datalog, and get my LTFT's dialed in. I also noticed about 1 MPG better mileage. The truck caught me offguard the other day. I pulled out of work, and nailed it. Usually, I get a little tire spin, a small fishtail, and away we go. Not this day. Hazed the tires, and had to do a full lock couter steer just to keep it out of the ditch. I was very happy. Also, the L33 truck motor pulls like a freight train to 105 or so(I let out at 110). I set my 1-2 shift at 5700, and 2-3 at 5600. My part throttle driving is great too. Throttle response is instantaneous compared to stock. The first time it rained, it was like driving on ice until I got used to it.
-
Grumpy_Aero_Guy
- Posts: 842
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm
RE: Re: RE: Getting ready to order a Predator. Have ?
now for the CAI and exhaust....
did the same with my truck in a school parking lot after loading diablotune. It was a little wet out, goosed it and did a donut..
enjoy....
did the same with my truck in a school parking lot after loading diablotune. It was a little wet out, goosed it and did a donut..
enjoy....
Grumpy Aero Guy, 07 Sierra 5.3, Diablo Tuned, CAI
DSLogRedux.com


DSLogRedux.com
