05 Hemi 4x4. Canned tune just doesn't get it

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Hayabusa1
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:44 pm

05 Hemi 4x4. Canned tune just doesn't get it

Post by Hayabusa1 »

Diablo-

I got my Predator almost 2 weeks ago. I tried the 91 tune, and felt no change at all in the truck. I downloaded the newest CROM just to be sure, and then installed the 93 tune into my 2005 1500 SLT. I gave the ECM "time" to learn the new programming as was suggested by some of the guys at the Hemi Truck forum.
Are you guys still working some items out? I can honestly say that this tuner is not providing me any advantages to date. I had read about 20+ horsepower gains, harder shifts, and improved torque. Were these only directed at those that go the route of the Custom tune? Are the canned tunes as flat as I have experienced?

Thanks-

Busa
2005 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
VaraRam CAI
Thorley CatBack Exhaust
Bright Silver w/Deep Tint
User avatar
johan
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:07 am

RE: 05 Hemi 4x4. Canned tune just doesn

Post by johan »

Not sure whats going on, you should be able to feel the gains.
If you want you can e-mail me your last tune written and i can double check to make sure everything looks like it should.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
Hayabusa1
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:44 pm

RE: 05 Hemi 4x4. Canned tune just doesn

Post by Hayabusa1 »

Johan-

I'd appreciate it. I did not receive any instructions when the Diablo arrived. How do I send you the tune? Do I need to retrieve it from the Truck first? Do the PDF instructs describe how to do this? I'll take a look and see if I can find out how.

Thanks for your help. I am not trying to be difficult, just want to ensure I am getting the benefits I should.


Busa-
2005 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
VaraRam CAI
Thorley CatBack Exhaust
Bright Silver w/Deep Tint
ss67
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by ss67 »

Johan
I have a 05 1500 4x4 slt also and am experiencing the same issue as Hayabus1. I've put over 200 miles on the modified 93 canned tune with the lastest crom and it also seems rather flat, also the shifts are lackluster, not crisp at all, need to do away with the TM. The modifications to the tune are as follows: 32.5 inch tires, +2 degrees timing on the low rpm band, +3% fuel on the low end rpm band, shift points set at 5800 rpm. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much. I'm an old school circle track racer that has spec'ed and built my fair share of motors so I am very aware of any "seat of the pants" performance gains and I just don't seem to feel anything substancial, am I expecting to much for the pred, this is my first experience with tuners and computer enhanced performance.

Thank you
Joe
User avatar
johan
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:07 am

Post by johan »

Well, i am gonna work with Hayabusa(used to have one of those btw) and see what we can figure out, i got his file and everything looks proper, so as soon as i get something sorted out with him we can set you up as well.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
ss67
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by ss67 »

Thank You Johan

Joe
ss67
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by ss67 »

Johan,

The cruise control does not work also, found out yesterday on the highway. I still have the same tune in the truck since I posted on 12/22/08, no changes.

thank you,
Joe
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

ss67 wrote:Johan,

The cruise control does not work also, found out yesterday on the highway. I still have the same tune in the truck since I posted on 12/22/08, no changes.

thank you,
Joe
Which revision?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ss67
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by ss67 »

Johan,
I'm running revision "U7137-9r02_export.crom", I downloaded it from your site back on 12/12.
I attached the crom file and my current tune if you need to look at any of the parameters.

Thanks,
Joe

2005 4x4 Ram
Attachments
u7137-9r02_export.crom
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 262 times
56028958AI_custom.drg
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
HemiSilva
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 am

Post by HemiSilva »

Busa, ya got any update for us? I hope, for you, that you have started to feel the gains you should be getting from the Predator. I know that I'm happy with it and was surprised when you said you couldn't feel any difference from stock to tuned....
Hayabusa1
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Hayabusa1 »

Silva-

No updates as of yet. I believe Johan is still working on something for me. I have been waiting until after the Holidays to hear from him. I sent him my Calid info just before X-mas. As for the truck, I am still running the 93 Octane canned tune. I have given it time to "learn", and I still haven't felt much. I suppose I could tune it back to stock and compare again....but I will wait to see what Johan cooks up first. I think I will PM him today and see if he has made any advancements.

I'll keep you posted. By the way...is your truck an 05? For some reason I see a bunch of 05 owners with similar comments as my own. Perhaps there is some minor programming issue that sets that year apart.


More as I know it-

Busa
2005 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
VaraRam CAI
Thorley CatBack Exhaust
Bright Silver w/Deep Tint
HemiSilva
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 am

Post by HemiSilva »

Busa,

Thanks for the update, I had been wondering and meaning to send you a pm to see how things were going with you. Well, sorry to hear that things have not changed for you. I really think you should put it back to stock for a few days, let Johan work some magic with a tune for you.

Yeah I do have and 05, it's pretty much the same thing you have, well if yours is a QC then we do have the same vehicle. I think that 04's and 05's have had the most difficulty. My power is there, I have been running the 87 tune to save myself money for other things, and have been real happy and impressed with the tune, there are some who say they can't tell the difference but to me it felt kinda sluggish when I first went to the 87 tune from the 93 but after a few miles that changed and I believe that it's a more aggressive tune then the stock tune. I still think that shifts could be better and wish that they could figure out the 2nd prime. I still need to calculate MPG's by hand to see what average I'm getting but then I never did that while stock so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to.....

Please keep me updated.
Tony
ss67
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by ss67 »

Diablo-
Has anyone had a chance to look over my files I posted above on a previous post? Still experiencing the same issues posted earlier, now have over 500 miles on tune.

thank you,
Joe
crhemi
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:08 pm

Subscribed

Post by crhemi »

Looking at 05, 06 4x4 Ram 1500.
Would like to learn more of the above issues
Hayabusa1
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:44 pm

RE: Subscribed

Post by Hayabusa1 »

Guys-

Johan hooked me up with 2 custom tunes a couple days ago. I have not uploaded either yet, as our weather has been wet and snowy, so I really wouldn't ba able to provided any good info. I emailed him a reply to ask which of the 2 tunes he wants me to test first. I will definitely keep you guys posted. I feel confident that advancements are being made on our 05s though. A user named KenandJen(?) seems to be pretty happy from his latest posts. Hats off to Diablo for working through our issues.


Again...hang tight and I will let you know what I uncover.

-Busa
2005 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
VaraRam CAI
Thorley CatBack Exhaust
Bright Silver w/Deep Tint
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”