Mail order tune vs my Diablo which is better?

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
User avatar
BiPo2005
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Mail order tune vs my Diablo which is better?

Post by BiPo2005 »

I have the predator U7193, its a 2.10 and I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado2500 HD 4x4 Gas 6.0L with auto and 4.10's. My question is can I get as much out of my Diablo as I can a mail order custom tune such as a BlackBear for example. I already have a 87 octane tune in now with my programmer and have modified the LTFT's according to your knowlegdeable people on the site. I have CAI with (2) 4 inch tubes bringing fresh air to the air filter, (2) Magnaflow Exhaust systems, (1 with duals 2 1/2 inch for winter and 1 with factory style 4 inch for summer. I plow snow in the winter so thats why I change. Headers will be following this spring. Runs really good right now with no hesitations or weak links, just the 10-11MPG. Can I go deeper in th programmer or am I topped out? Mail order tune claim they can reduce trans temp and gain me 1-3 MPG and make it way more powerful, like 30 horse! I know they are blowing smoke, right? Let me know if I can do more or if I'm done in the performance end of it. I love the programmer. I talked to 1 of your reps at Summit Racings Truck Fest this past September and he couldn't really help me but was cool to talk to him anyway. Thanks for the time.
Post Reply

Return to “General Questions”