problem with mac
Moderator: mikel
-
irishhemigirl7
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:11 pm
problem with mac
I just got the predator and i have to update it but the problem is that the mini cd wont fit in my mac, is there a different way i can update the predator
Part number is u7135
I have an 06 daytona charger
Part number is u7135
I have an 06 daytona charger
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: problem with mac
Our software will not run on a Mac, unless you have experience with running Windows on a Mac.
As for the driver, not sure where to find a Mac specific driver for the cable.
As for the driver, not sure where to find a Mac specific driver for the cable.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: problem with mac
I still don't understand why anybody uses MACs. They're absolute trash, useless for normal people. Nobody but Apple supports them, sometimes Microsoft, but even for the apps that are supported, they're inferior to the PC versions because of the Macs slower processors.
Time for Apple to just give up and jump on the PC bandwagon like they should have done 20 years ago.
Time for Apple to just give up and jump on the PC bandwagon like they should have done 20 years ago.
-
irishhemigirl7
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:11 pm
RE: problem with mac
so that means my computer is useless , is there anywhere i can take my predator so that i can update it, ive had it since christmas and its been driving me crazy
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: problem with mac
Try some of your local DiabloSport dealers...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- electricmarquis
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm
RE: problem with mac
I have a 7137 and use it with my MAC. You need to dual boot it with bootcamp and run a full version of windows on the new partition. Runs very fast and flawlessly for me. I have been on mac for the last 7+ years. Love it. Your computer is not useless.
The good thing about mac is that you dont have to format/reinstall when the OS craps out. Macs dont crap out.
In order to have windows/mac osx dual boot without a emulation of windows you need a intel based processor.
The good thing about mac is that you dont have to format/reinstall when the OS craps out. Macs dont crap out.
In order to have windows/mac osx dual boot without a emulation of windows you need a intel based processor.
2010 Challenger SRT8
- NIGHTSTALKER
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm
RE: problem with mac
Theres a guy over on the gm gas side that figured it out. Type this in( Dslogredux on a Mac) and do a search on the gm gas side. Hope this helps.
-
apexanimal
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Re: RE: problem with mac
Mike_Levy wrote:I still don't understand why anybody uses MACs. They're absolute trash, useless for normal people. Nobody but Apple supports them, sometimes Microsoft, but even for the apps that are supported, they're inferior to the PC versions because of the Macs slower processors.
Time for Apple to just give up and jump on the PC bandwagon like they should have done 20 years ago.
get bootcamp and be happy
'03 5spd PTGT w/ all the trimmings.
To clear up incorrect assumptions about Mac's. If you buy the Serial to USB Cable and A/C power supply offered by Diablo, you can hook it up to any Intel based Mac and install the software and upgrade your unit. This is what I did. I too complained about the mini CD furnished with the kit because it takes an adapter to work on CD/DVD drives, and they won't work at all on slot loading drives. I don't understand why a full size one was not furnished as they are CHEAP.
Now you will need Windows on your Intel Mac. You can run Windows in two ways on Mac's.
One way is the dual boot option mentioned earlier. The other is to buy a Product Called Parallels or VMWare and then you can run both the Windows OS and the Mac OS at the same time, you can drag and drop between them and share all hardware. When you run Windows on an Intel Mac it is exactly the same as running Windows on say a Dell or HP. You will have to install the software from the PC side. BTW you can download it from Diablo's site. I wish Diablo's documentation was better. This is how I did mine with no problems.
Now as to the PC users who hate Mac's and have never tried them, I have a few comments. First I really appreciate the fact that Windows OS has the largest market share and serves as a "Honey Pot" for all the hackers and malicious software, such as viruses, adware, spyware, etc. I switched from MS DOS/Windows 3.1, in 1993 to the Mac. I didn't believe what the Mac community was telling me about how much better the Mac was, but they finally talked me into giving it a try with an open mind and intellectual approach.
I have been on the Mac ever since with no virus, hackers, or other malicious stuff in 16 years on the platform. I have also used Linux and it is very very similar to Mac's (both have Unix core code) and I use Windows every day at work. I was a network manager for 7 years and the Mac's required almost zero support while the PC's had to be patched on a daily basis and totally reinstalled every couple of years due to all the infections and corruption of the code. Not to mention all the support calls to fix problems.
Mac's are basically the BMW/Mercedes or computing. I agree that I have to run Windows OS for about 10% of what I do, like using the Predator, but that is a small price to pay for a Secure Operating System. BTW, Micro$oft has always supported the Mac with MS Office and associated programs. Mac's can read and write Windows formats without problem.
I don't know of any user that has switched from Windows to Mac OS that has returned to the PC.
Enough
Now you will need Windows on your Intel Mac. You can run Windows in two ways on Mac's.
One way is the dual boot option mentioned earlier. The other is to buy a Product Called Parallels or VMWare and then you can run both the Windows OS and the Mac OS at the same time, you can drag and drop between them and share all hardware. When you run Windows on an Intel Mac it is exactly the same as running Windows on say a Dell or HP. You will have to install the software from the PC side. BTW you can download it from Diablo's site. I wish Diablo's documentation was better. This is how I did mine with no problems.
Now as to the PC users who hate Mac's and have never tried them, I have a few comments. First I really appreciate the fact that Windows OS has the largest market share and serves as a "Honey Pot" for all the hackers and malicious software, such as viruses, adware, spyware, etc. I switched from MS DOS/Windows 3.1, in 1993 to the Mac. I didn't believe what the Mac community was telling me about how much better the Mac was, but they finally talked me into giving it a try with an open mind and intellectual approach.
I have been on the Mac ever since with no virus, hackers, or other malicious stuff in 16 years on the platform. I have also used Linux and it is very very similar to Mac's (both have Unix core code) and I use Windows every day at work. I was a network manager for 7 years and the Mac's required almost zero support while the PC's had to be patched on a daily basis and totally reinstalled every couple of years due to all the infections and corruption of the code. Not to mention all the support calls to fix problems.
Mac's are basically the BMW/Mercedes or computing. I agree that I have to run Windows OS for about 10% of what I do, like using the Predator, but that is a small price to pay for a Secure Operating System. BTW, Micro$oft has always supported the Mac with MS Office and associated programs. Mac's can read and write Windows formats without problem.
I don't know of any user that has switched from Windows to Mac OS that has returned to the PC.
Enough
-
irishhemigirl7
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:11 pm
- electricmarquis
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm
Re: RE: problem with mac
LOL Mike! Spoken like a person who has never used a Mac. Perhaps they don't have support as they could have, but as a former PC guy and current Powerbook user for years... there is NO other laptop option. Stable OS, sleek design, next to no Virus issues... do I need to make a list? My desktop is a PC for gaming's sake more than anything, but for a Notebook/Laptop... there is NO other. Talk to any high end graphical power users and see what they're ALL on. A Mac. The only way to fly.Mike_Levy wrote:I still don't understand why anybody uses MACs. They're absolute trash, useless for normal people. Nobody but Apple supports them, sometimes Microsoft, but even for the apps that are supported, they're inferior to the PC versions because of the Macs slower processors.
Time for Apple to just give up and jump on the PC bandwagon like they should have done 20 years ago.
Your recommendations on this site when people need assistance in addition to the Diablo crew is great tho. Keep up the good work. (You're so wrong about Mac tho)
RE: Re: RE: problem with mac
And for those that say Macs dont crash or crap out are very lucky Mac owners.
And dont even get me started on linux. to be honest, all OS's suck. They all have their little quirks.
2013 SuperBee......................................................

