2004 srt-4 stage 2 overboost

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

paragod
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:57 pm

2004 srt-4 stage 2 overboost

Post by paragod »

I have an 04 srt-4 with stage 2 no toys, aem sri, mopar/borla exhaust w/ 3" catted dp. I have the u7134 w/ crom 9r16, PCM 04510814aa. Since I have gotten the preditor, on 93 tune it will spike 22ish and then climb to 25ish. I have tried lowering boost wit the preditor but still overboosts. I've tried opening spark plug gap on my ngk iridium plugs and put v-power plugs, still overboosts. Need help, I did email you a few weeks ago with a log.
Letxen3
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:44 am

RE: 2004 srt-4 stage 2 overboost

Post by Letxen3 »

can you post a log file?
~James 2004 PT Cruiser GT
Image
paragod
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by paragod »

here it is
Letxen3
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Letxen3 »

it seems to be running just right for a stage 2, max psi was 23.09 psi. when you said you have stage 2 you have the s2 wga and s2 injectors right? do you have a wideband if so what is it reading?
~James 2004 PT Cruiser GT
Image
sfla_srt4
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by sfla_srt4 »

are you reading boost off your gauge or the predator map readings?? Usually the gauge is off a little. Wideband?? If so what are the a/fs??
duster360
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by duster360 »

I agree,,,I don't see much of a problem either. Does it run well??


With that said, if you maxxed out the Boost adjustment(-40%) but it has 0 affect,,thats a concern.
Needless Torque Calibrations
www.needlesstorque.com
paragod
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by paragod »

No wideband, waiting on tax $. Car runs like a raped ape.
User avatar
sohfast94
Posts: 3512
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by sohfast94 »

It should. Is your DAB on 3? Cause then it will get to about 23-25... Made good power and didn't knock so I left it alone... AMde a lot of power actually.
Insert Clever comment here...

Image

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
Letxen3
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Letxen3 »

i think he said in his 1st post that he doesnt have toys. so i guessing he doesnt have dial a boost feature.
~James 2004 PT Cruiser GT
Image
paragod
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by paragod »

no toys, just worried when I saw my gauge pointing straight down. No car runs great, I saw no knock intially and about 3 toward the end. Also, I have the mopar surge with blue plate, I guess the surge valve can hold boost.
Letxen3
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Letxen3 »

hehe you needs to get rid of that 20psi factory boost gauge and get a 30/30...i have an extra autometer lunar boost guage if you want it.
~James 2004 PT Cruiser GT
Image
User avatar
sohfast94
Posts: 3512
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by sohfast94 »

Yeah the stage guys I worked with had pressure only gauge that went to 30 something.
Insert Clever comment here...

Image

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
jalexiou
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Overboost with S2 & 93oct tune

Post by jalexiou »

This is my log when trying out the 93oct tune from my SRT-4 with Stage-2 and t/toys. I tried several DAB settings and got interesting results. Here is a summary:

Code: Select all

Time    DAB      Rpm     Boost (kPa/psi)
2:26     2      3000    192 / 13    * looks normal, until..
2:27     2      4000    250 / 22    * I let go of thottle to prevent damage
-
3:13     1      3000    192 / 13    * with large swings
3:15     1      4060    245 / 21    * immediate let go of throttle
-
4:55     0      3500    137/  5     * looks normal, until..
4:59     0      4900    160+ / 9    * start of overboost event. stoped it.
[/size]

In closing, I think us staged SRT-4 owners should not use the 93oct tune, unless someone has figure out how to scale it for the MAP/TPS/WGA we use. Notice also that with DAB 0 the peak throttle voltage is lower than with the other settings. No knock retard recorded despite seing 21-22 psi boost.

I am scared to use this tune, and when I get a wideband I am curious to see how lean this makes by car. I guess I have to start from original tune and tune from there.

Predator model u7134 rev 9r17, tune ID 04510060AA. 2004 SRT-4 with S2 only.
dwaleke
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Overboost with S2 & 93oct tune

Post by dwaleke »

jalexiou wrote:This is my log when trying out the 93oct tune from my SRT-4 with Stage-2 and t/toys. I tried several DAB settings and got interesting results. Here is a summary:

Code: Select all

Time    DAB      Rpm     Boost (kPa/psi)
2:26     2      3000    192 / 13    * looks normal, until..
2:27     2      4000    250 / 22    * I let go of thottle to prevent damage
-
3:13     1      3000    192 / 13    * with large swings
3:15     1      4060    245 / 21    * immediate let go of throttle
-
4:55     0      3500    137/  5     * looks normal, until..
4:59     0      4900    160+ / 9    * start of overboost event. stoped it.
[/size]

In closing, I think us staged SRT-4 owners should not use the 93oct tune, unless someone has figure out how to scale it for the MAP/TPS/WGA we use. Notice also that with DAB 0 the peak throttle voltage is lower than with the other settings. No knock retard recorded despite seing 21-22 psi boost.

I am scared to use this tune, and when I get a wideband I am curious to see how lean this makes by car. I guess I have to start from original tune and tune from there.

Predator model u7134 rev 9r17, tune ID 04510060AA. 2004 SRT-4 with S2 only.
Is there any cause for concern here? What causes the sudden increase in boost over 4000 RPMs?

I see a simliar situation with my 93oct tune (rev9r17 tune ID 04510814AA) which brought me to this thread. I need to do some more diagnosing before suspecting something is wrong with the tune though.
dwaleke
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by dwaleke »

Is it possible that the Stage 2 93 Perf tune has a clitch simliar to what was found in this thread on the forum here?


http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=14365
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”