2004 srt-4 stage 2 overboost
Moderator: mikel
2004 srt-4 stage 2 overboost
I have an 04 srt-4 with stage 2 no toys, aem sri, mopar/borla exhaust w/ 3" catted dp. I have the u7134 w/ crom 9r16, PCM 04510814aa. Since I have gotten the preditor, on 93 tune it will spike 22ish and then climb to 25ish. I have tried lowering boost wit the preditor but still overboosts. I've tried opening spark plug gap on my ngk iridium plugs and put v-power plugs, still overboosts. Need help, I did email you a few weeks ago with a log.
I agree,,,I don't see much of a problem either. Does it run well??
With that said, if you maxxed out the Boost adjustment(-40%) but it has 0 affect,,thats a concern.
With that said, if you maxxed out the Boost adjustment(-40%) but it has 0 affect,,thats a concern.
Needless Torque Calibrations
www.needlesstorque.com
www.needlesstorque.com
Overboost with S2 & 93oct tune
This is my log when trying out the 93oct tune from my SRT-4 with Stage-2 and t/toys. I tried several DAB settings and got interesting results. Here is a summary:
[/size]
In closing, I think us staged SRT-4 owners should not use the 93oct tune, unless someone has figure out how to scale it for the MAP/TPS/WGA we use. Notice also that with DAB 0 the peak throttle voltage is lower than with the other settings. No knock retard recorded despite seing 21-22 psi boost.
I am scared to use this tune, and when I get a wideband I am curious to see how lean this makes by car. I guess I have to start from original tune and tune from there.
Predator model u7134 rev 9r17, tune ID 04510060AA. 2004 SRT-4 with S2 only.
Code: Select all
Time DAB Rpm Boost (kPa/psi)
2:26 2 3000 192 / 13 * looks normal, until..
2:27 2 4000 250 / 22 * I let go of thottle to prevent damage
-
3:13 1 3000 192 / 13 * with large swings
3:15 1 4060 245 / 21 * immediate let go of throttle
-
4:55 0 3500 137/ 5 * looks normal, until..
4:59 0 4900 160+ / 9 * start of overboost event. stoped it.In closing, I think us staged SRT-4 owners should not use the 93oct tune, unless someone has figure out how to scale it for the MAP/TPS/WGA we use. Notice also that with DAB 0 the peak throttle voltage is lower than with the other settings. No knock retard recorded despite seing 21-22 psi boost.
I am scared to use this tune, and when I get a wideband I am curious to see how lean this makes by car. I guess I have to start from original tune and tune from there.
Predator model u7134 rev 9r17, tune ID 04510060AA. 2004 SRT-4 with S2 only.
Re: Overboost with S2 & 93oct tune
Is there any cause for concern here? What causes the sudden increase in boost over 4000 RPMs?jalexiou wrote:This is my log when trying out the 93oct tune from my SRT-4 with Stage-2 and t/toys. I tried several DAB settings and got interesting results. Here is a summary:
[/size]Code: Select all
Time DAB Rpm Boost (kPa/psi) 2:26 2 3000 192 / 13 * looks normal, until.. 2:27 2 4000 250 / 22 * I let go of thottle to prevent damage - 3:13 1 3000 192 / 13 * with large swings 3:15 1 4060 245 / 21 * immediate let go of throttle - 4:55 0 3500 137/ 5 * looks normal, until.. 4:59 0 4900 160+ / 9 * start of overboost event. stoped it.
In closing, I think us staged SRT-4 owners should not use the 93oct tune, unless someone has figure out how to scale it for the MAP/TPS/WGA we use. Notice also that with DAB 0 the peak throttle voltage is lower than with the other settings. No knock retard recorded despite seing 21-22 psi boost.
I am scared to use this tune, and when I get a wideband I am curious to see how lean this makes by car. I guess I have to start from original tune and tune from there.
Predator model u7134 rev 9r17, tune ID 04510060AA. 2004 SRT-4 with S2 only.
I see a simliar situation with my 93oct tune (rev9r17 tune ID 04510814AA) which brought me to this thread. I need to do some more diagnosing before suspecting something is wrong with the tune though.
Is it possible that the Stage 2 93 Perf tune has a clitch simliar to what was found in this thread on the forum here?
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=14365
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=14365

