I feel the need to revisit this issue as there has been no satisfactory resolve.
I just sent this email to Johan;
I got a new cam and new CMR tune. (Josh @ HHP) We tried to load the TCM tune you sent me and it either gave a VIN mismatch or the download to the truck failed. We decided to bail on the TCM file and just adjust the shift points with the tool. They are set at 6000 yet the truck shifts at 5500-5600. It also will run up through 2nd, shift into 3rd for a few seconds then to 2nd Prime. I really need to have this working correctly.
It is really starting to get old that this tool continues to have the same problem. Anyway attached is a log and the CMR tune.
This was the original post ;
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=12148
I have an '05 4x4 QC and a custom CMR tune. Right from the start, the tuner had problems writing a custom TCM tune. He did the PCM and the truck runs good.
We had the shift points set @ (1-2) 6100 (2-3) 6100.
Here's the problem, I updated the CROM to the latest (9R02_E) and now the trans is acting very odd. First is shifts @ 5600 when set to 6100 @ WOT.
Next it up shifts way to early while just cruising along. I mean 5th gear @ 35-40 MPH. Then I need to give it 1/2 - 2/3 throttle to get it to down shift.
I then Downgraded the CROM to the 9R02_B that was previously in the tune. NO change.
I still cannot get a custom TCM tune to load. I just get a VIN mismatch and have to return to stock.
How long is it going to take to get this essential part of this tuner corrected?
I mean this is annoying. The tool itself will not change the shift points (for the better, it did for the worst however) and a can't load a custom tcm tune.
Still Have VIN mismatch with '05 Ram TCM
Moderator: mikel
-
gomangohemi
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Still Have VIN mismatch with '05 Ram TCM
'05 Ram Daytona Q/C 5.7Hemi 4X4
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Still Have VIN mismatch with
As I recall, this issue has been fixed, have you tried it again?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
gomangohemi
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Re: RE: Still Have VIN mismatch with
This issue was not fixed. I did get a file that had the WOT shifts working at set point, but the part throttle up shifts were horrible.mikel wrote:As I recall, this issue has been fixed, have you tried it again?
Now I'm running a whole new CMR tune and still cant get a TCM to load.
The fact remains that they cannot just be set with the tool. I set them to 6000rpm with the tool (no custom TCM file) but the truck still shifts @ 5600. I've uploaded the tune to the truck several times.
So... The custom TCM file we are suppose to be able create just throughs a VIN mismatch and you need to return to stock, and the tool itself doesn't git- r- done.
'05 Ram Daytona Q/C 5.7Hemi 4X4
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: RE: Still Have VIN mismatch with
I meant the VIN mismatch issue...sorry.
Johan should be able to help us out with that....can you post up your TCM files here please?
Johan should be able to help us out with that....can you post up your TCM files here please?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
gomangohemi
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 4:57 pm
RE: Re: RE: Still Have VIN mismatch with
Sure. I emailed it to him and he did respond, so he is on it.
- Attachments
-
- 05094258ad_toon.drg
- (109.23 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
'05 Ram Daytona Q/C 5.7Hemi 4X4
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune
-
gomangohemi
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Re: RE: Re: RE: Still Have VIN mismatch with
I haven't seen a crom update since 12/12/08 or is there a new update or will there be one soon?mikel wrote:I meant the VIN mismatch issue...sorry.
'05 Ram Daytona Q/C 5.7Hemi 4X4
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune
HHP/BES Ported & Polished High Compression Heads
Comp 268 In @ 111
Dynatech long tube headers & high flow Cats
Vararam Hemi under Glass CAI
Diablosport CMR Tune