Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

amm
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by amm »

Any help !
amm
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by amm »

??



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
kmac1
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by kmac1 »

PATIENCE!!! LOL

You have the 90mm BUT I do not see an 85mm Steeda tune anywhere in this revision. Are you sure there is one in your menu? You should have the following:

91 Octane Steeda
Steeda 90mm IMRC delete
Steeda 90mm IMRC Firm Shift
Steeda Firm Shift

All of the above are for the 90mm cai like yours. The only difference is the two in the middle are for IMRC deletes. Is that not what you see?

Kevin@Diablo
Kevin MacDonald
Calibration
www.jpcracing.com

For DiabloSport Tech Support: [email protected]
amm
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by amm »

which one should I run .. I want smooth shiftting for everyday driving

what the IMRC stands for ???


thanks a lot :)
User avatar
kmac1
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by kmac1 »

IMRC = Intake Manifold Runner Control they are also referred to as CMCV = Charge Motion Control Valves. They are located in each intake runner and look like a throttle plate. Their job is to induce turbulence and increase port velocity. This helps emissions and efficiency at low load/rpm. Some people remove them because they believe they will make more power and the two IMRC tunes are for that purpose. You should run the 91 Octane Steeda tune, it works great with the intake and a minimum of 91 octane fuel in the tank. Steeda firm shift will be a very firm shifting race like tune that requires 93 octane minimum.

Kevin@Diablo
Kevin MacDonald
Calibration
www.jpcracing.com

For DiabloSport Tech Support: [email protected]
amm
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by amm »

I install the Steeda 91 Octane tune and test the car .. the difference is clear and noticable .. I appreciate your help and thank you very much :D
amm
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by amm »

I want your opinion on the elbow tube Steeda cai .. I mean do you recommend it .. Is it effecting the performance and how many HP should I expect from it ??

Thanks a lot
User avatar
kmac1
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

RE: Steeda CAI & U7145 DiabloSport Predator

Post by kmac1 »

If your car is near stock you will see little to no gain with the pipe. I've tested many intakes and the closer you get all the your conditions(engine/air/oil/trans/rear end temps and environmental conditions) the closer the hp numbers are. In the end the power numbers are almost identical between them all but duplicating the conditions under which they are tested is the difficult part...

Kevin@Diablo
Kevin MacDonald
Calibration
www.jpcracing.com

For DiabloSport Tech Support: [email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Ford Gas”