Which exhaust to buy

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

User avatar
NIGHTSTALKER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Which exhaust to buy

Post by NIGHTSTALKER »

I'm torn between the Banks monster and the Magnaflow, does anybody have either of these on there trucks and how do you like them. Any other exhaust opinions or options welcome as well. I should add that I'm try to stay around the $500 mark.
Image
Image

U7194
2008 Silverado Z71 5.3
Volant CAI
User avatar
worm
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:37 pm

RE: Which exhaust to buy

Post by worm »

well i gonna go outside the $500 mark but i realy liked the Cosa, they have awsome sound controll if you dont want it too loud i even had headers on my truck and it still kept it queit at idle/cruse but loud like a race muffler at WOT. They kinda use the same sort of deal like bose does with there speakers for deleting out or cancel out bad sounds and let the good ones go. Or in this case when your at WOT everything goes out like a straight through muffler and at part throttle the exaust goes through these channels then out the back..

Look at there hp numbers they got some of the best for your truck i belive 10.5 rwhp, plus awsome to install ive put on many and customers love them.
2008 colorado 2.9, 6khids,more to come
2007 mazdaspeed 6 2.3mzr, cai,custom exhaust...whooosa(sold
2006 Sierra denali lq9/6.0l :CAI, 9r3 slp7193 tuner. (sold)
04 sierra 5.3 lm7 zex 75 shot, slp7193 tunner, cai, corsa catback, dynatech lt's, m/t 33's, levieling kit. (sold)
User avatar
BiPo2005
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:55 pm

RE: Which exhaust to buy

Post by BiPo2005 »

I have the Magnaflow #15789. It all goes in the factory location and hangers, just bigger pipes, sounds good too. Hope your not doin exhaust for MPG? It DON'T Help! Runs better and sounds good. All stainless.
User avatar
NIGHTSTALKER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

RE: Which exhaust to buy

Post by NIGHTSTALKER »

I get pretty good fuel econ, about 21 on average, so if i lose a few or stay the same I'm good. Sure thought that I would get more responses than just 2. Thanks for your guys input.
Image
Image

U7194
2008 Silverado Z71 5.3
Volant CAI
cataylor
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by cataylor »

I have 40 series Flowmaster. Single in, Dual out dumped at the rear axle. Love it. She'll talk when you get in it. Gives it a different sound. I guess it is due to being turned down at the road. Installed $125 to $150.


07 silverodo NBS 5.3
Diablew tuned
K&N 63 series CAI
40 series Flowmaster Dumped
dpeckford
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Post by dpeckford »

I have a MBRP installed on my 06 5.3 Silverado. I went with the installer series aluminized, single out. It has a great sound, fit perfectly and is not too loud in my opinion, but has nice growl. They also have two grades of Stainless, which of course are more expensive. I know that you never asked about this brand, but I thought I'd let you know about it. The website is www.mbrp.com the list price is $ 423 Canadian, so if you are in the US, you would do good with the exchange right now.
Dean

2009 Ford F150 5.4l
Waiting for the Predator model !!!!!!!!!!
sierra53
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by sierra53 »

I have a 07 silverado 2wd that looks just like yours. I have a K&N CAI and I purchased the Corsa sport kit and I love it. I was afraid it would sound stupid in V4 mode but it sound kinda cool. The Corsa kit cost around $900 but it is all stainless and looks good. I also have a reg cab sierra with a 5.3 and bought the flowmaster force II kit for around $399 and it also sounds killer with long tubes and hi-flow cats. Good luck
User avatar
NIGHTSTALKER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by NIGHTSTALKER »

Thanks for all your input, still not sure which way i want to go.
Image
Image

U7194
2008 Silverado Z71 5.3
Volant CAI
User avatar
08Silverado
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 am

Post by 08Silverado »

Just buy a 14" magnaflow and your done
08 Silverado 4.8l,K&N drop in, Airraid M.I.T,Magnaflow muffler, Vette servo,Predator 93 tune

Image
Image
User avatar
NIGHTSTALKER
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by NIGHTSTALKER »

08Silverado wrote:Just buy a 14" magnaflow and your done
Thats kinda what I was thinking. Was just buy a muffler and do a turn down after the axle.
Image
Image

U7194
2008 Silverado Z71 5.3
Volant CAI
User avatar
08Silverado
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 am

Post by 08Silverado »

I bought a muffler and welded it up myself only cost me around $100. Best way to go IMO
08 Silverado 4.8l,K&N drop in, Airraid M.I.T,Magnaflow muffler, Vette servo,Predator 93 tune

Image
Image
SierraH/O
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by SierraH/O »

I've got a Cherry Bomb Extreme single chamber single in dual out with Magnaflow stainless tips on my 05. I have 160.00 in the whole thing. It's got a nice rumble at idle, but it rivals straight pipes at WOT. I have videos if you want them.
[email protected]
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:45 am

RE: Re: Which exhaust to buy

Post by [email protected] »

Me gots an '06 GTO with the 2.5" Magnaflow w/cross-pipe catback system. Doesn't make but 9 rwhp, but what impressed me when I watched the guys install it was that the system used every original hanger that the stock system was suspended from. The bolt holes were perfectly aligned and the entire system is stainless and sounds good. Exhaust note gets even better as your mufflers season, if you believe in that kind of thing.

'06 GTO, Predator U7191, rev 7r92 - too much on the car to list unless someone challenges me, I have receipts.
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

RE: Re: Which exhaust to buy

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Hey spanky

" '06 GTO, Predator U7191, rev 7r92 - too much on the car to list unless someone challenges me, I have receipts "

NOTE: Do not use rev 7r93 or 7r95 on ANY 2006 vehicle as it may damage your PCM

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?mo ... lay&pid=68
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: Re: Which exhaust to buy

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah, I'm sure 7r92 isn't much better... that is VERY old....

I would definitely update that sucker to the newest revision... since the tunes have been tweaked since then, as well as other updates to the tool with things like more parameters available, a fix for clearing DTC codes, etc etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”