I have a 2008 Silverado 5.3L Auto I installed the newest update and my fans stay on all the time.Could some on tell me what I need to do to get them to come on like it was factory.I did search but I didn't find anything for just my truck.
Thanks
Need info on fan setting
RE: Need info on fan setting
I have a 2008 Silverado 5.3 also, the only thing i wanted to do was to turn off the DoD, when i made that change my fan ran all the time also, so i went in and raised the fan turn on temp from 196F to 210F. The engine according to the owners manuel runs at 208f. I wonder what other parameter was changed. You can also adjust the fan speed it would be nice to know what that is spose to be set at.
RE: Need info on fan setting
If you want to know the factory fan temp settings, just reinstall the original tune and go into "modify factory settings" and write down those settings. Another thing, these trucks only have 2 fan speeds, Lo and Hi. I think the "percentage" fan speeds are for the higher performance cars.
2008 GMC Sierra SLT, Z71 Ext. Cab
U7194 v. 9r10
U7194 v. 9r10
RE: Need info on fan setting
i must have a high performance truck lol i have the percentages too. but i left them at the stock setting.
RE: Need info on fan setting
Yeah, mine shows the percent fan speeds as well, but the fan itself only runs in low or high. Like above 50% is low speed and above 80% is high speed.
2008 GMC Sierra SLT, Z71 Ext. Cab
U7194 v. 9r10
U7194 v. 9r10