Need info on fan setting

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
BRO1
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:13 pm

Need info on fan setting

Post by BRO1 »

I have a 2008 Silverado 5.3L Auto I installed the newest update and my fans stay on all the time.Could some on tell me what I need to do to get them to come on like it was factory.I did search but I didn't find anything for just my truck.
Thanks
caldc
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:45 pm

RE: Need info on fan setting

Post by caldc »

I have a 2008 Silverado 5.3 also, the only thing i wanted to do was to turn off the DoD, when i made that change my fan ran all the time also, so i went in and raised the fan turn on temp from 196F to 210F. The engine according to the owners manuel runs at 208f. I wonder what other parameter was changed. You can also adjust the fan speed it would be nice to know what that is spose to be set at.
nodaker
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:19 pm

RE: Need info on fan setting

Post by nodaker »

If you want to know the factory fan temp settings, just reinstall the original tune and go into "modify factory settings" and write down those settings. Another thing, these trucks only have 2 fan speeds, Lo and Hi. I think the "percentage" fan speeds are for the higher performance cars.
2008 GMC Sierra SLT, Z71 Ext. Cab
U7194 v. 9r10
gump2388
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

RE: Need info on fan setting

Post by gump2388 »

i must have a high performance truck lol i have the percentages too. but i left them at the stock setting.
nodaker
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:19 pm

RE: Need info on fan setting

Post by nodaker »

Yeah, mine shows the percent fan speeds as well, but the fan itself only runs in low or high. Like above 50% is low speed and above 80% is high speed.
2008 GMC Sierra SLT, Z71 Ext. Cab
U7194 v. 9r10
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”