Would anyone chime in as to how i would go about deleting the cats.
Would i just splice exhaust pipe where the cat goes, put a o2 bung where sensor 1 should be, and cmr turn off the rear 02's?
Or should I use gutted cats and then turn off the rear o2's
Had a little cat melting party, Should the cat temp model get up to 1550 degrees F. ??
HH
how do i delete cats?
Moderator: mikel
-
HemiHorsePower
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:17 pm
how do i delete cats?
06 Ram 1500, LT Headers with Gutted Cats, Spartan Cam, CNC Heads W/ 6.1 Pushrods, CAI, 180*Therm, Magnaflow 40 series, Innovate Wideband, Flex-a-Lite E-Fan, Sharadon Stage 3 Valve Body, APS 2400 Stall T/C, DS U7137.
RE: how do i delete cats?
Hh I deleted my cats bout 2 monthsbl ago. Believe it or not I actually gained 1.5 mpg in town and 3 mpg on the highway since.
I jus got my rear 02s tied up in the back. How ever I don't throw any codes until I jump on the highway.
My truck sounds better an seems to have better part throttle acceleration. An it sounds totally different.
An my fav thing bout it. I smell gas like old carb vehicles wich is wonderful to me LOL.
I do need a custom tune to get rid of cels tho.
I wonder if the cels I throw from it mess wit my fuel trims?
I dunno.
Almost forgot.
When I decided to cut my cats I jus went ahead an added all new pipe from the headers to the exaust an put my wideband 02 bung in that's it
I jus got my rear 02s tied up in the back. How ever I don't throw any codes until I jump on the highway.
My truck sounds better an seems to have better part throttle acceleration. An it sounds totally different.
An my fav thing bout it. I smell gas like old carb vehicles wich is wonderful to me LOL.
I do need a custom tune to get rid of cels tho.
I wonder if the cels I throw from it mess wit my fuel trims?
I dunno.
Almost forgot.
When I decided to cut my cats I jus went ahead an added all new pipe from the headers to the exaust an put my wideband 02 bung in that's it
2005 Ram 1500 QC 5.7.
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
Re: RE: how do i delete cats?
On the LX hemis the cels from the rear sensors are informational only. The PCM does not take any actions on them. The problem is that they might "hide" other important cels. You see the cel light on and "oh, it's the cats" and then later you might get another one totally unrelated to the cats and you wouldn't know it.~RAM~ wrote:I wonder if the cels I throw from it mess wit my fuel trims?
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
RE: Re: RE: how do i delete cats?
I wonder if I should need a catch can or 2 on my 5.7. ??
I see all the cars gettin them but I kno they have a diff intake Mani.
Should I need one also on my truck??
I see all the cars gettin them but I kno they have a diff intake Mani.
Should I need one also on my truck??
2005 Ram 1500 QC 5.7.
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
-
HemiHorsePower
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:17 pm
Re: RE: how do i delete cats?
Yes Ram, same here, I like the sound as well, and definatly seem to have more mid-range, just a bit, and leaned out across the board a couple of points too, had to add fuel to get the numbers back to the right recipe. I'm wondering if I should add fuel at part throttle and/or spark to compansate, don't want to be too lean.~RAM~ wrote:Hh I deleted my cats bout 2 monthsbl ago. Believe it or not I actually gained 1.5 mpg in town and 3 mpg on the highway since.
I jus got my rear 02s tied up in the back. How ever I don't throw any codes until I jump on the highway.
My truck sounds better an seems to have better part throttle acceleration. An it sounds totally different.
An my fav thing bout it. I smell gas like old carb vehicles wich is wonderful to me LOL.
I do need a custom tune to get rid of cels tho.
I wonder if the cels I throw from it mess wit my fuel trims?
I dunno.
Almost forgot.
When I decided to cut my cats I jus went ahead an added all new pipe from the headers to the exaust an put my wideband 02 bung in that's it
Hey Ram, after a couple of wot runs, what's you cat temp model say when your running hard? I know you've logged before with knock before, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's cat temp model reads 1485 degrees. I'm starting to see E8 codes on my wideband , which is the sensor overheating code on the innovate.
HH
06 Ram 1500, LT Headers with Gutted Cats, Spartan Cam, CNC Heads W/ 6.1 Pushrods, CAI, 180*Therm, Magnaflow 40 series, Innovate Wideband, Flex-a-Lite E-Fan, Sharadon Stage 3 Valve Body, APS 2400 Stall T/C, DS U7137.
RE: Re: RE: how do i delete cats?
i actually have never logged the cat temp model.. what sensor would it get its info from? 1st or second? cuz my second ones are jus useless..
but ill log it an checvk it out jus for GP...
man u got the mods im waiting on.. i cant wait for a head an cam swap..
an my wideband blows lol.. jus a simple aem uego... or w/e..
cant even logg my afr... have to watch the gauge lol...
but ill log it an checvk it out jus for GP...
man u got the mods im waiting on.. i cant wait for a head an cam swap..
an my wideband blows lol.. jus a simple aem uego... or w/e..
cant even logg my afr... have to watch the gauge lol...
2005 Ram 1500 QC 5.7.
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
RE: Re: RE: how do i delete cats?
I gutted my cats and strapped the rear sensors to the sides. No CELs and I've got over 300miles on it. M@ Motorsports in Florida said that the trucks (I have a Ram 1500) may not show CELs although the cars will give CELs.
With only CAI and gutted cats and loading 88, 91 and 93 hp tunes my WOT is 12.2-11.8/1 a/f ratio. As you guys noticed, the sound changed and I think I may have gotten the tiniest bit more power ... but maybe not.
Ted
With only CAI and gutted cats and loading 88, 91 and 93 hp tunes my WOT is 12.2-11.8/1 a/f ratio. As you guys noticed, the sound changed and I think I may have gotten the tiniest bit more power ... but maybe not.
Ted
-
HemiHorsePower
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:17 pm
Re: RE: Re: RE: how do i delete cats?
Yea, its quite a road, but as some said, fun to get here.~RAM~ wrote:i actually have never logged the cat temp model.. what sensor would it get its info from? 1st or second? cuz my second ones are jus useless..
but ill log it an checvk it out jus for GP...
man u got the mods im waiting on.. i cant wait for a head an cam swap..
an my wideband blows lol.. jus a simple aem uego... or w/e..
cant even logg my afr... have to watch the gauge lol...
Cat temp model is a pid in the ds, i think its under 02's maybe, not sure. Just wondering what others run at. What cam are you gonna get?, Heads?
hh
06 Ram 1500, LT Headers with Gutted Cats, Spartan Cam, CNC Heads W/ 6.1 Pushrods, CAI, 180*Therm, Magnaflow 40 series, Innovate Wideband, Flex-a-Lite E-Fan, Sharadon Stage 3 Valve Body, APS 2400 Stall T/C, DS U7137.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: how do i delete cats?
I was thinkin sharadon big valve heads.
An a custom cam would be nice.
For max lope.
An a custom cam would be nice.
For max lope.
2005 Ram 1500 QC 5.7.
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...