U7191 Won't read ECM?

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
User avatar
IEATWS-6
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 pm

U7191 Won't read ECM?

Post by IEATWS-6 »

I have a U7191 using 9r02 on my 06 GTO A4. All was working fine until 2 days ago I drove the car and it seemed to be down on power, shifting a little strange...Just not right. Last night I went to check parameters with the 7191 but when I plugged it in, it said cannot read p/n. Next I tried to install original tune. I got a error that read installed tune does not match last tune written. On another attempt I got another message, but can't remember specifically what it was, just basically said it wasn't able to communicate with the ECM. The last time I tried anything, while I was going through the menu to get to where I wanted to be, the car started to flash errors on the dash like abs fault, service soon, etc. In every case I DID have the key on and I have not had the car worked on anywhere but in my garage to upgrade suspension. Ran fine the week before. In fact, I had just modified parameters a week or so before that after doing a data log. What could be the issue and what is my next step? If I drive it to see if the ECM needs to relearn the tune, will I hurt the car?
I EAT WS-6

2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr

2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
User avatar
08Silverado
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 am

RE: U7191 Won

Post by 08Silverado »

Could it possibly be your battery doesnt have enough power? I just know if it is you will have all kinds of problems.
08 Silverado 4.8l,K&N drop in, Airraid M.I.T,Magnaflow muffler, Vette servo,Predator 93 tune

Image
Image
User avatar
electrotyper
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 pm

RE: U7191 Won

Post by electrotyper »

Why don't you unhook the battery for a while, then try it again. I've seen postings where that helps
with other problems... (just a thought!) Good Luck! :)
User avatar
IEATWS-6
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 pm

RE: U7191 Won

Post by IEATWS-6 »

Battery is a 1 month old Optima Yellow Top and was fully charged, and had been unhooked for several hours. (Removed battery and tray for suspension work) Thank you for your responses though, they are appreciated!
I EAT WS-6

2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr

2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
User avatar
IEATWS-6
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 pm

RE: U7191 Won

Post by IEATWS-6 »

Well, I unhooked the battery again for about 20 minutes or so and evidently that was enough to chase the gremlins from the car. All works fine again! Thanks to all that responded!
I EAT WS-6

2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr

2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
User avatar
electrotyper
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 pm

RE: U7191 Won

Post by electrotyper »

Sometimes the easy fixes work :D ... it takes less time to do an easy fix twice, than to go through the entire process of trying
to figure out the millions of other thing that could have gone wrong! :crashing:
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”