A rather simple 2003 SRT-4 question

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

hey_gsx

A rather simple 2003 SRT-4 question

Post by hey_gsx »

Hi guys,
I've spent the past few days doing my research on the DSP and still have a few unclear questions.

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 which is all stock except for an AEM CAI intake.

If I purchase the Predator, is there a pre-tune option for 91-Octane (very rarely do I find a 93-Octane gas station where I live) and roughly how much HP/TQ should I have gain from using the tune? And would it be safe and reliable?

And would I need the Stage 1 injectors (577cc) or can I use my existing stock injectors (which are Stage 0, versus the 04/05 Stage 1s)? I'm a rather simple fellow, I would like to plug in, push a few buttons, and have a nice improvement on my car. I'm afraid if I fiddle around with the timing settings, I would break something...

Thanks!
broadfca

Re: A rather simple 2003 SRT-4 question

Post by broadfca »

hey_gsx wrote:Hi guys,
I've spent the past few days doing my research on the DSP and still have a few unclear questions.

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 which is all stock except for an AEM CAI intake.

If I purchase the Predator, is there a pre-tune option for 91-Octane (very rarely do I find a 93-Octane gas station where I live) and roughly how much HP/TQ should I have gain from using the tune? And would it be safe and reliable?

And would I need the Stage 1 injectors (577cc) or can I use my existing stock injectors (which are Stage 0, versus the 04/05 Stage 1s)? I'm a rather simple fellow, I would like to plug in, push a few buttons, and have a nice improvement on my car. I'm afraid if I fiddle around with the timing settings, I would break something...

Thanks!
The Predator comes with a canned 91 performance tune and a canned 93 perf tune. You will also have the option for a canned CAI tune with both the 91 and the 93 tunes. You won't need different injectors or any thing else as the Predator is geared for stock or MILDLY modified motors. Just plug it in, follow the on screen directions and enjoy. It's that simple. It's completely safe and reliable. No worries there.

VERY IMPORTANT...Just be sure you don't actually start the engine when it tells you to turn the key on. That just means to turn the key to the "run" position, not start the engine. Be sure to read and follow the directions before you plug it in to your car. If you do that, you'll see that it couldn't be any easier.
"El Magnifico" 2009 Challenger SRT8 AutoStick, Corsa Sport Catback Exhaust, Trinity 91 Modified Tune, 180 T-stat, Moroso Catch Can, DMH Electronic Cut Outs, ProTorque Billet Stator 3200 RPM High Stall Torque Converter, K&N, BFG 295/40/20w Rear Tires
duster360

Post by duster360 »

broadfca,,,you really need to stick to asking newb hemi questions,,See quote for corrections
broadfca wrote:
The Predator comes with a canned 91 performance tune and a canned 93 perf tune. Wrong! For SRT4s Predators Only have a 93tune

You will also have the option for a canned CAI tune with both the 91 and the 93 tunes. Wrong! For SRT4s Predators SRT4 do not have a CAI tune.

hey_gsx,,,The 93 tune is usually fine with 91 octane but you should monitor ST Knock Retard to be sure it stays under 1.5 degrees. If its higher you should consider removing a 1-2 degrees of timing or lowering the boost 5%-10%.

Your 03 injectors are a little small. I wouldn't say that S1 are "required" per 'se but with them I would DEFFINATLEY get a wideband O2 sensor to monitor A/F closely. Most guys with S1 can sometimes run a little lean(A/F>12.5:1 ) from 5500rpm on.

A common "fix" for righ RPM lean A/F on some SRT Neon is to upgrade the fuel pump wiring. Some have report a drop in voltage to the pump upwards of 2v-3v.(pump is barely getting 10v) I have tested my fuel pump voltage and it was over 12v at 6000rpm. I don't know if the voltage drop is a only a 04-05 thing, but my 03 is fine. See here for more details

I'm running S1 with my 03 PCM and my A/F stay under 12.2 with no problem. I've never tested 03 injectors so I don't know how well they'd work with the 93tune.

The 93 tune shoots boost up to S2 level of +20psi. It can freak out the every day stock owner, especially when the Boost gauge pegs out. Its really no big deal and the +40hp is a joy
Memphis

Post by Memphis »

Hey guys new to srt4's and diablosport. what year injectors are you using? and did you drop in a bigger fuel pump. Ive noticed my srt4 seems to be running quite lean. right around the stoich (14-15ish). I know I have atleast one boost leak that im trying to track down. just looking for some insight as i would like to make my car run alittle ritcher. I do have the diablosport intune. Thanks