Tune wont upload

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
06stang
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:59 pm

Tune wont upload

Post by 06stang »

I've got an 06 mustang gt with the c&l kit/predator tuner.

I purchased the kit used. When i plug it in and try to access the performance tune option, it says that my vehicle is not in our database. my cal id is FBNE0G5.

what do i need to do?
LightningMike03
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:45 am

Post by LightningMike03 »

What model Predator do you have?
User avatar
kmac1
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Re: Tune wont upload

Post by kmac1 »

06stang wrote:I've got an 06 mustang gt with the c&l kit/predator tuner.

I purchased the kit used. When i plug it in and try to access the performance tune option, it says that my vehicle is not in our database. my cal id is FBNE0G5.

what do i need to do?
Make sure you have part # U7140, then verify you have the latest update in your Predator. The latest is 8r37, you can see your revision at the top of the screen when it powers up. If you are not on 37 then you can download it here. All the instructions for updating are on this page too.

Thanks,
Kevin@DiabloSport
06stang
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:59 pm

RE: Re: Tune wont upload

Post by 06stang »

I have the predator that says 05 Mustang on the back, i'm sure it the U7140.

I purchased the car used, and i believe it was previously tuned due to the supercharged it had on it. They took the blower off, but left the larger injectors and MAFia unit attached. I swaped out the injectors for a set of stock injectors then took the MAFia off and it was pulling all kinds of codes. So i put the MAFia back on and it runs fine.

Do i need to go to the dealer and have them flash my computer before I put the predator tune on? There is an original tune on my predator, but its not from my car..it is from the previous owners 05 mustang.
User avatar
kmac1
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Re: RE: Re: Tune wont upload

Post by kmac1 »

06stang wrote:I have the predator that says 05 Mustang on the back, i'm sure it the U7140.

I purchased the car used, and i believe it was previously tuned due to the supercharged it had on it. They took the blower off, but left the larger injectors and MAFia unit attached. I swaped out the injectors for a set of stock injectors then took the MAFia off and it was pulling all kinds of codes. So i put the MAFia back on and it runs fine.

Do i need to go to the dealer and have them flash my computer before I put the predator tune on? There is an original tune on my predator, but its not from my car..it is from the previous owners 05 mustang.
This is definitely not the easy way to do things! You need to get your Predator back on the car it came from and "Restore original backup" otherwise you can't use it. You can get a small credit towards buying a new one if that is not possible. If you do get one that works then you will need your car flashed back to a stock Ford Calibration before using the Predator.

Thanks,
Kevin@DiabloSport
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Ford Gas”