MAFia, overheating, showing lean
Moderator: mikel
-
dragonleo64
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 pm
MAFia, overheating, showing lean
Hi, I bought an 03 Cobra with 17,000 mi. As I've been looking over the car I found on the CIA there is a MAFia on it set to 2 (located in the fender well with the MAF near the air filter). The car has Bassani exhaust and a 2.76 pulley as well. I don't know anything else about the car. It ran fine for a few hundred miles then I got an Engine Service light with a code of P0174. The car cuts out (falls on its face) at about 2700 rpm's as the SC starts to kick in and it will overheat if driven for about 15-20 minutes. What exactly does the MAFia do? Have you heard any of these symptoms before and will I need something to tune it with, like a Predator or something? Thanks, Daniel
- mikel
- Posts: 58774
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: MAFia, overheating, showing lean
The Mafia attenuates the MAF signal to allow you to run more boost without the MAF pegging at 5V.
The lean code (p0174) is likely related to somehting else entirely, maybe a small exhaust leak?
The lean code (p0174) is likely related to somehting else entirely, maybe a small exhaust leak?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
dragonleo64
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 pm
RE: MAFia, overheating, showing lean
Thanks for the reply. So, since I don't have the original device used to tune the car for the pulley etc. can the car be flashed back to stock and then retuned using a Predator or something? Thanks!
- mikel
- Posts: 58774
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: MAFia, overheating, showing lean
It had a Mafia but no Predator?
If so, yes, it would have to be flashed back to stock and then retuned with a new Predator.
If so, yes, it would have to be flashed back to stock and then retuned with a new Predator.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
dragonleo64
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 pm
RE: MAFia, overheating, showing lean
Yes, the dealer I bought it from didn't know it had all these items on it so when he took it in trade, they didn't get the Predator or whatever they may have used. Okay, so to get it back to stock, would I have to have a dealer do that or can one of your modules do this? Thanks!
-
dragonleo64
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 pm
RE: MAFia, overheating, showing lean
Okay, I read that the dealer will need to flash it back to stock. So then I can use the Predator right away on it. One last thing. Does the Predator account for the exhaust and intake mods? Thanks a bunch!
RE: MAFia, overheating, showing lean
The Predator only contains tunes for the stock maf and no mafia installed. You can easily obtain a custom tune from one of our many CMR dealers to accomodate for the mafia. Depending on your power level and the environment you run it in you may not need the mafia.
Kevin@Diablo
Kevin@Diablo