my question is, how far i could advance timing on my 05 hemi ram, with out hurting the motor?? with typical bolt on mods, exaust cai etc...
i have access to 110 octane i advanced this weekend 3 degrees how much further could i go an be safe?? just a simple answer would halp...
any info is much appreciated..
How Far could i advance my timing and be safe??
Moderator: mikel
How Far could i advance my timing and be safe??
2005 Ram 1500 QC 5.7.
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
Re: How Far could i advance my timing and be safe??
Until you get knock retard.~RAM~ wrote:my question is, how far i could advance timing on my 05 hemi ram, with out hurting the motor?? with typical bolt on mods, exaust cai etc...
i have access to 110 octane i advanced this weekend 3 degrees how much further could i go an be safe?? just a simple answer would halp...
any info is much appreciated..
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: How Far could i advance my timing and be safe??
But, adding timing to the point of KR does not mean you are making better power...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Re: How Far could i advance my timing and be safe??
The last few cars i have done with race fuel where using 116 octane and where i had 17 deg on pump gas, i went to 24 deg on thw 116 octane so thats a total of 7 degrees, given 110 octane i would go 3-4 deg over pump gas spark.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
Diablosport INC
Research & Development
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
RE: Re: How Far could i advance my timing and be safe??
Add 3 to 4 degrees on strait 110??
Cuz I mixed 7 gallons of 93 and 2 gallons of 110 I got told if I ran strait 110 that it would do somthin to my pistons?? Is this true?
Cuz I mixed 7 gallons of 93 and 2 gallons of 110 I got told if I ran strait 110 that it would do somthin to my pistons?? Is this true?
2005 Ram 1500 QC 5.7.
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...
K&N cold air intake, LT headers, 2.5" true dual exaust with no cats...