2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

robowens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:54 pm

2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by robowens »

Alright,

So today I got my DiabloSport 7193 back from the folks over at the RMA department, so I headed out to the truck to tune it. Everything goes fine, and it actually doesn't say the vehicle is unsupported this time. :) Parking brake on. Everything is set and ready to be tuned.

So it makes it all the way to the "Original Backup" section. It fails backup #1. Alright, so I'll retry it. FAIL. It says it could have failed due to another tune on the vehicle (not the case). So I try it again. Same results...

Then I unplug it and start the car (it had been sitting a few days from being out of town), but wait. The radio is apparently in THEFTLOCK mode (red light flashing with no radio power, yet the backlighting of the radio is on. No chime thru the speakers either, as the chime is on 03+).

So now I'm stuck with an '03 Tahoe UN-TUNED and with NO RADIO. Not to mention that it took DiabloSport a month to do my RMA. What Now?

On a side note, when I go to "Tool Info" on the main screen, it says a so called "Bus Test" was never preformed. Does that even matter?

Contact Me ASAP! I have no radio or tune-up! :(
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by mikel »

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
robowens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:54 pm

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by robowens »

Alright, I talked to you on the phone and you said you'd get back with me on it after you talked to your engineers.

Let me know!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by mikel »

Rob, they are looking into it, but I do not know that we will have an immediate solution, may be a couple days.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
robowens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:54 pm

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by robowens »

Mike, I paid my money for a U7193 for a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. It is advertised to tune my truck, but it needs this update. What could possibly be holding this up? I'm not the only one that needs this. I paid for a working DiabloSport Predator and I got a paperweight. This just isn't right! How can I tell people how great you guys are when I don't even have a working device. I want to be able to tell everyone I know about how awesome DiabloSport stuff is, but I just can't do that at this point. What can I do to help this process along?
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by 06MonteSS »

WOW!!!

you're STILL waiting on this issue?????
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Solid
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:52 am

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by Solid »

Damn that takes long :O is the whole engineer deparment on holiday or something? I'm glad my truck works. But'I to have an very big paperweight. But does your truck work? Else you might consider reflashing it at the dealer?
Grumpy_Aero_Guy
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by Grumpy_Aero_Guy »

whoa...hopefully they get you up and running real quick here.

you have NO aftermarket electronics on your vehicle?

if so, they were ALL totally disconnected (NO current draw) ?

Your battery was in a good, COMPLETELY, charged state ?

you indicate you disconnected the battery cable. did u let it sit for a few that way?
Grumpy Aero Guy, 07 Sierra 5.3, Diablo Tuned, CAI
DSLogRedux.com

Image

Image
robowens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:54 pm

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by robowens »

The only aftermarket electronic device I have is an amp & sub addon kit by PAC and an iPod Interface by PAC. The radio and everything else is stock. I haven't let it sit with no battery, so should I go do that?

Thanks,
Rob

EDIT: I have the PC Connection kit, and I reflashed the tool myself with the newest revision. The truck is working, but with no DiabloSport tune, unfortunately.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah man, you need to disconnect the power to all of that aftermarket stuff... any little power-sucking trickle could cause issues with the predator and installing a tune... it's very sensitive... like Mikel....


:lol: :lol:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
neonhomer
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:31 pm

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by neonhomer »

I have the XM addon adpater by Terk for my truck, and I have successfully programmed my truck numerous times without fail.
NeonHomer

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6 4.0
fiero429
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:23 am

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by fiero429 »

I have to pull the fuse for my stereo and on star to program my truck. I will not program with the fuse installed.

2004 GMC Sierra Denali U7193 crom 9r05
robowens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:54 pm

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by robowens »

Ok, I guess I'll go try pulling the fuse. Thanks!
robowens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:54 pm

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by robowens »

Ok, good and bad news. Removing the fueses for the radio and radio amp fixed the problem and the truck tuned up without a hitch! (Finally... haha) But the bad news... My radio is blank now. The backlighting comes on with the power button being pressed, but that's it. The aftermarket addons work. So I put it back to stock and removed the tune with no results. Radio is out...

So I'll try disconnecting the battery and see if that does anything. This sucks... haha!
05Z71
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:59 am

RE: 2003 Tahoe - U7193 Just Back from DiabloSport! Help!

Post by 05Z71 »

Did you put the fuses back in their respective slots?
Makin friends one post at a time!

05 Chevy Z71 5.3L, 18x9 KMC XD Spy Wheels, 275/70R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Cherry Bomb Exhaust, K&N Drop in, Predator TWEAKED
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”