Page 10 of 10

RE: Re: Added CAI, axleback, soon 2.5 upper pulley

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 am
by mikel
you cant guess at 'running rich', gotta get a WB on it :)

Re: Added CAI, axleback, soon 2.5 upper pulley

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 am
by 06MonteSS
riderover wrote:
mikel wrote:
riderover wrote:Hi mikel, I hv the 11 V Coupe and I just added Airaid CAI and an axle back Corsa Sport exhaust and picking up my new Trinity 1000 tonite. Will the trinity support? I am also doing the 2.5 upper sc pulley with the polish and porting of the snout along with 160 deg thermostat........
the car we developed the inital canned tunes on had an Airaid and a catback, you should love it :)
Which is my best choice ? The Diablo Tune? 93 Octane? or 91 Octane. I find that all three are rich......i notice that all three have decel exhaust detonation! I know that means that the parameters are rich....which I do understand because Diablosport has to protect our CTSV. I was going to experiment by leaning out the A/F but I honestly do not know how far I can go! I notice that theoption to lean or rich is by a percentage of middle! You likely know where I can start without tyring 10 then 20 then 30 etc. Maybe I should just get you data downloads of three each of my cruising and WOT events and pay you the 135 or whatever it is ! When I pay for the custom tune do you give me the "best" possible tune ? It wont be rich A/F mix and best possible ignition and injector curves? Im willing to pay the money to save me the aches and pains of troial and error....or should I go get the CMR fr a local CMR rep?
diablosport does not do custom tuning... so find yourself a local diablosport CMR tuning shop and take it there to get it done....

Re: RE: Re: Added CAI, axleback, soon 2.5 upper pulley

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:35 pm
by riderover
mikel wrote:you cant guess at 'running rich', gotta get a WB on it :)
It has started to sound more like a backfire! I checked the cai installation and its good. Black soot pretty heavy on exhaust outlets too.
If true that the canned tunes were done with CAI and axlebacks why isnt the Diablosport Canned tune getting rid of the decel issue.

I put it back to the OEM tune and theres no difference!

Whats a WB? Any help here?

Re: RE: Re: Added CAI, axleback, soon 2.5 upper pulley

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:53 pm
by mikel
riderover wrote:
mikel wrote:you cant guess at 'running rich', gotta get a WB on it :)
It has started to sound more like a backfire! I checked the cai installation and its good. Black soot pretty heavy on exhaust outlets too.
If true that the canned tunes were done with CAI and axlebacks why isnt the Diablosport Canned tune getting rid of the decel issue.

I put it back to the OEM tune and theres no difference!

Whats a WB? Any help here?
no canned tune is going to eliminate something like that, especially since it only happens with certain cat backs, and also considering many people like/enjoy the popping (I do...).

None of the vehicles we have tested here had excessive popping, and of our hundreds of V customers, you'd be the first to complain of this.

As mentioned, its a simple fix in a custom tune....

Re: 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 pm
by riderover
You're likely right! When Idyno tuned my '10 Camaro the shop asked if I wanted to rid of the pop ! I left. It as is and everyonne liked it! My wife especially liked it! After a while and after some track I didnt like it and they tuned it out!

It does seem like it it worse though in this case! What iswith the black soot tho, should I worry !

By the way ! Which tune is better for performance, Diablosport Canned..... or the 91 Octane canned?

Re: 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm
by 06MonteSS
the Diablo Tune is made for 93 octane gas.... so if you use good 93 octane gas, use that Diablo Tune for some better performance... (it has more advanced timing)

Re: 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:25 pm
by riderover
I'm using the correct tue for now then, I have the 91 Octane loaded right now.

Thanks