Page 2 of 3
RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:52 am
by 06MonteSS
RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:52 am
by neonhomer
I followed a thread over on GMFullSize.com. There is a couple of links, follow the 2nd one for more details.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121944
It took me about an hour or so to do it, including time to grab the laptop to verify how the servo went back together.
RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 pm
by WhiteBuffalo
RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:20 pm
by neonhomer
Do it Do it!!!!
One bit of advice... get the new o-rings. I didn't, and haven't had any problems yet (knocking on wood).
RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 am
by NIGHTSTALKER
I bought mine on e-bay for 19 bucks, and it came with all the new o-rings. havent put mine in yet waiting for the weather to break, and do some logging for monte so we can get it dialed in. the the servo is going to go in, and then its off to the stealership to have the line pressure tweaked.
RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:27 pm
by WhiteBuffalo
just ordered!!
NTP-K51828C Corvette Servo kit for the 700-R4 and 4L60E Transmissions
SNX-77767K SONNAX 700R4 4L60E 4TH GEAR BILLET SERVO
Hope it's not BAD money....

RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:48 pm
by neonhomer
Why have them done at a dealer. You have a Predator, adjust them yourself, or have your custom tuner adjust them.
Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:52 pm
by WhiteBuffalo
neonhomer wrote:Why have them done at a dealer. You have a Predator, adjust them yourself, or have your custom tuner adjust them.
Cuz' he has
NO TCM SUPPORT!!!

RE: Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:51 am
by neonhomer
Didn't know the 05's had a TCM... thought they were just a PCM like the 04 silverado...
RE: Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:14 am
by 05Z71
Neon, if you are refering to Nightstalker, he has a 2008 Z. He is the one saying he is going to the "Stealership" to get the pressure adjusted.
RE: Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:33 am
by neonhomer
Yet his signature says he has TCM support.
Don't mind me, I'm in the middle of eating lunch at Firehouse Subs and not thinking clear. Mmmmmm. Firehouse hero - fully involved!
RE: Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:15 pm
by CANUCKPREDATOR
Any of you guys pull a trailer? I'd like some first hand opinions what its like.
RE: Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 pm
by neonhomer
I pull a trailer on occasion, but it is nowhere near the size of yous. (That didn't sound right). I also haven't pulled my trailer since I put the new servo in.
My trailer is only 2200lbs loaded.
I know I am going to have to get Yodahan or Lew to adjust my T/H shift settings to soften it up a little. It hits HARD on the 1-2 upshift in T/H. However, it did this also in regular mode at PT.
RE: Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:28 pm
by NIGHTSTALKER
The only reason that i have tcm is because i have a friend of mine that i have known since high school who is the head vette tech. If its wasnt for him id be stuck like chuck.
Re: RE: Re: RE: Vette Servo - Now what
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:04 pm
by SiscoKid
CANUCKPREDATOR wrote:Any of you guys pull a trailer? I'd like some first hand opinions what its like.
Whats up Canuck, I got the servo installed last week and since then Ive pulled that pontoon I was talking about 4 times now. No problems, knock on wood, and it tows great. Nice firm shifts, but not too firm, and helps hold the gears alittle longer. Similar to the tow/hull mode with a bit more umff...