Mike I have no idea what makes you think the PCM isn't fried. I spent well over an hour on the phone with DS Monday morning first thing, they did everything they could while I was in the vehicle and failed to get things turned around. Then, when I could no longer be away from work, they emailed me another file to try that night, no luck. Then, they assured me that this new "trick" would fix it and no luck again. So how do you have some intimate knowledge of my PCM's innerworkings? And if you are so informed, tell me how to "reset" the tuner? Sorry to get antagonistic here, I'm just really tired of everyone inserting their 2 cents and not a goddamn thing has changed since my truck shit itself Saturday afternoon. As far as I am concerned, I am done trying to fix this myself, the tuner is fedexing a new PCM to my dealer and I'll have it fixed Thursday. My next step is to find out from DS if my predator can be used with the new PCM or if it is no longer viable. Thanks for your advice, but next time get all the info first.Mike_Levy wrote:PCM isn't fucked. Tuner needs to be reset. You really need to call while you are at the truck, with the tuner powered up so they can help you at that time. Giving advice and then waiting isn't the way to get stuff fixed.
Bricked PCM
Moderator: mikel
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
The PCM isn't fried. I know that without a doubt. The Predator cannot fry a Hemi PCM. I've fried PCMs in the past and its not that easy.
They can reset the Predator with a combination of button presses, and IMO thats the next step given the messages you're giving.
They can reset the Predator with a combination of button presses, and IMO thats the next step given the messages you're giving.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
Mike I'm telling you, I have tried all the button presses and secret force combos DS has given me and the tool is just not recognizing the PCM, it is either saying it doesn't recognize the vehicle or it's not licensed for it. How can you possibly know without a doubt that the PCM isn't fried? Where are you coming up with this? For what it's worth, DS has not said one word to me about resetting the Predator, if this is such an easy fix, why didn't they do that first????
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
I know it because with all the Predators sold, not a single Hemi PCM has been fried. If it was possible, some shmuck would have done it in the past.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
I gotta say I've heard better arguments, just b/c it hasn't happened before it can't happen now? Glad Thomas Edison, Neil Armstrong, etc. didn't share your philosophy. Anyway, it's kind of a done deal at this point, I really feel safest having the PCM replaced and starting fresh. I will happily send my pred and the old PCM to DS to diagnose if they are still interested in finding out what happened here.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Bricked PCM
Old PCM and pred to be shipped to DS as soon as PCM is removed from vehicle, then hopefully we get an answer